XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > ROGERS Rocket HUB USER Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2010, 10:52 AM

Default Rogers Rocket Hub

Hi Folks
I've had it with Xplornet for all the usual reasons. There is finally some competition here in Ontario's Northumberland County. Yes there is Airnet.ca but their coverage isn't that great and it could be a while before they get to me. So.............I can see the Rogers tower from my home and on Friday I'm going to pickup a Rogers Rocket Hub and give it a go. If it works half a good as advertised I will keep it and dump these thieves at xplornet.
I'll keep you posted as to how well it works.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:29 PM

Ok it's a done deal. So I have had the Rocket Hub for about 4 days now and it works just fine for what I need. I get 3 - 3.5 downloads pretty consistently. It seems to be always up so far. It will cost about 50% more per month with my usage, I think. But I don't care. It works.

Anyway I've cancelled my xplornet today and it felt good to be rid of that nonsense after 4 yrs. The last call I made to the xplornet tech was the last straw. I told the guy I was getting good speeds for a few seconds then I was shut down to 40 - 60 k downloads. He told me to do the usual three day speed test. I just said good bye and hung up and went out and got this Rocket Hub.

If anyone is in Northumberland County in Ontario, have a look at this Rocket Hub. I know, I know it's Rogers but it's that or lousy service from xplornet

:::.. Download Stats ..:::
Download Connection is:: 3205 Kbps about 3.2 Mbps (tested with 3072 kB)
Download Speed is:: 391 kB/s
Tested From:: http://testmy.net/ (Main)
Test Time:: 2010/01/18 - 2:31pm
Bottom Line:: 56X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 2.62 sec
Tested from a 3072 kB file and took 7.852 seconds to complete
Download Diagnosis:: Looks Great : 14.63 % faster than the average for host (15.16)
D-Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-FEZAC6V2M
User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 [!]

Last edited by shoot : 01-18-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:11 PM

Default I'me next

First off this site is great!I see that there are a lot of people in the same boat as I am,with the same issues with xbornet.I have just ordered rogers hub and am waiting for it as we speak.I am greatful for the info concerning download costs and such.I will be very careful how I deal with rogers concerning details regarding billing.Just for the record xplorenet has got to be the biggest ripoff going.....I just can not believe how bad they are in all regards.Thanks again for the great info
Old 01-24-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato View Post
First off this site is great!I see that there are a lot of people in the same boat as I am,with the same issues with xbornet.I have just ordered rogers hub and am waiting for it as we speak.I am greatful for the info concerning download costs and such.I will be very careful how I deal with rogers concerning details regarding billing.Just for the record xplorenet has got to be the biggest ripoff going.....I just can not believe how bad they are in all regards.Thanks again for the great info
Have you tried streaming with Rogers (i.e. - Netflix, Hulu, NBC, ABC, websites) and have a good experience? If I opt to go with Rogers, I will sign up for the 10GB plan. I don't know how much streaming you can do with 10GB.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:22 AM
Administrator

The plan is currently flex based.. you start out paying based on usage, 3 tiers.. and pay according to tier usage.. there is still a congestion issue between 3- 11pm.. but I can do youtube videos off hours..

Don't forget when you sign up for this your first 2 months should be UNLIMITED usage... so you only pay first tier rate for 2 months.. double check on this when/if you sign up... and check your bills or call billing if the accidently forget
on your first 2 bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelhodley View Post
Have you tried streaming with Rogers (i.e. - Netflix, Hulu, NBC, ABC, websites) and have a good experience? If I opt to go with Rogers, I will sign up for the 10GB plan. I don't know how much streaming you can do with 10GB.