XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Satellite Forum (Telesat Anik F2/F3. Hughesnet Spaceway3 KA. KU.) * (older satellites) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Satellite users. Can you "Unleash the power of the online world on your terms"?
Yes 4 7.55%
No 42 79.25%
It will do 4 7.55%
It will do and Can I have Dialup in the evening, please? 3 5.66%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2009, 10:12 PM

I hear Rogers wireless is coming soon to our area. Hopefully it will reach my little nest in the woods. When that happens xplornet will be SOOO gone. Like others I maintain my back-up dial-up account. I work from home and need it. Fortunately my employer also provides me with a BlackBerry so I can manage to avoid looking foolish when xplornet is down yet again or fapped to a crawl.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:48 AM

Thumbs down

The poll question has got to be a joke! Right? Xplornet's satellite service's so-called 'fair use policy' makes it impossible to do anything at all on anybody's terms. It's actaully more like a no use policy. The advertised bandwidth is only available so long as you don't actually use it.

Let's face it, they've so badly oversold their total available satellite bandwidth that it can barely support email or plain text browsing. As for doing anything that might be regarded as normal "high speed" intenet activity, forget it.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVirtue View Post
The poll question has got to be a joke! Right? Xplornet's satellite service's so-called 'fair use policy' makes it impossible to do anything at all on anybody's terms. It's actaully more like a no use policy. The advertised bandwidth is only available so long as you don't actually use it.

Let's face it, they've so badly oversold their total available satellite bandwidth that it can barely support email or plain text browsing. As for doing anything that might be regarded as normal "high speed" intenet activity, forget it.

Spaceway 3 - Hughesnet KA I get almost 100% of my speed almost 100% of the time. I had telesat, and got rid of it within 30 days because of how badly unstable and slow it was. Hughesnet KA for me has been great in terms of speed and reliability- So far.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:05 AM

Hello,

I have a 3 year contract with exploernetsux but I could not take the Sh!ty service anymore so I just changed my card # so they can't take any more money from me. I just got sick of calling them and hearing the same thing over and over. I was paying $99.00 a month plus tax and I was unable to do banking, update my cpu because the internet would just slow down to approx 8KPS after about 10 to 15min of use.

I now have Roger Rocket in 3G and it works great getting about 2.8 to 3.4meg Download!!
I will wait and see what explorer net does now.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:56 PM

Well I see that I was right in my thinking that XplorNet was a poor choice, but in my case my only choice for now.

The Installer took a whole day to install the system, not completing said that I could call him with any problems, What???????????? I spent the next 4 hours completing his work.

Nearly exhausted I sat down to try out the service and after a few minutes my service stopped in it;s tracts because the dealer tried to install the Hughes Software so many times that he used up my allotment for the day.

Calling Xplornet the next day I discovered the problem, I was furious and to-boot discovered that I did not have an invoice with info need to verify my account with Xplornet or HughesNet. My Name was spelt wrong , phne number was wrong and my sign-up package was wrong, geezzzz.

And thats just the start of my problems.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:46 PM

Lightbulb Solution to satellite problems

So.............. just remembered this.
Xplornet is a dealer of Tachyon satellite equipment.
www.tachyon.com

Not many people know this, or who Tachyon is... but they are really the only viable option for satellite internet (in terms of being comparable to high speed).
It's probably expensive as heck lol, but just browsing through their site, some of the gear there looks pretty sweet.
Automatically deploying satellite gear, rack mountable modems... I mean, that gear must be power house equipment or something :P

Anyway, call them about it... I will almost guarantee that they wont know much about the product when you do :P
Old 12-11-2009, 12:19 AM

Default i'm soooo sick of xplornet

i live in rural alberta and have no choices other than dial up or xplornet. i have been on xplornet for almost 4 years and it has been a horrid experience. i have no speed. in the last 3 weeks i'll bet i've spent at least 30 hours on the phone with them (mostly on hold) and i am getting nothing but a huge run around and i certainly am not getting what i am paying 100.00 per month for not to mention the 1000.00 it cost me for the equipment and installation. its not much better than dial up. i'm extremely unhappy with the service and the complete lack of customer service. i can't even download a driver without getting subjected to "faps". I could see them putting the policy in place if i was downloading movies or a ton of music but i don't. i can't even purchase a legal piece of software on line and download it. they charge 3 times what dsl or cable is and give nothing in return. granted most of the time it is better than dial up but not much and they are exploiting its customers by false advertising and charging us for a service they aren't providing. am i angry? yes! i would be happy to join in on any class action suit against them if there is one still in process for canadian consumers.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:39 AM

Get Telesat at 600-1200 ping, 0.2-0.95 Mbps DL, 0.8-1.8 Mbps UL 55Mb/hour FAP, Unlimited usage
Get Hughes at 1200-2000 ping, 0.14 -1.09 Mbps DL, 1.2-1.4 Mbps UL 250Mb/day Fap, 7.5 Gb/mo

Given a solid connection would dial-up running 24 hours a day outperform Hughes? If you were FAP'd after the first 250 Mb, shut down for 24 hours, and every 250 Mb thereafter, that's only half your potentially available 7.5 gig a month (3.75)
Old 04-23-2011, 10:37 AM

Thumbs up wouldn't wish Xplornet on my worst enemy

been a customer of theirs (satellite) for years now and have to admit they are absolutely the worst isp / internet provider I have ever met

looks like the bell netgear cellular modem is working pretty well for me altho' i may need an external antenna, but 10 GB / month for $60 / month is a hell of a lot cheaper than $199 / month from Xplornet

customer service is better - at least they have people to answer the phone unlike Xplornet where sometimes you get transferred to a line that rings forever or you get "disconnected" while on hold

also Bell realizes they have some issues and are willing to give credits for poor service whereas Xplornet keeps all your money cause the Barrett family needs another house or 2

my municipality received some money from the province and I am fighting hard to make sure they don't allow Xplornet wireless here - I keep telling them my horror stories with Xplornet satellite
they awful service and support

I was once told by an Xplornet rep that "30 day is an acceptable timeframe for an email reply"

tells you all you need to know about Xplronet and their logic

stay away from these people like the plague

they are a horrible, terrible company with only greed on their minds and taking money without providing proper service

to paraphrase a famous American; "free at last, free at last, God almighty I'm free of Xplornet at last"

ps - for those still under the yoke of Xplornet, check out Rogers/Bell/Telus for their cellular hub solutions and find an installer that can sell and install an antenna

stop the insanity that is Xplornet !!
Old 06-21-2011, 12:40 PM
....Offline..Moderator....

Default 3 posts moved

posts by user 'the oracle of whatever' moved to their own thread
http://www.xplornetsucks.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1343