XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Main Category > Xplornet Wireless Tower Forum (Motorola equipment) * (old network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2009, 09:59 AM

Default Other options

In addition, while realizing this is a Xplornet forum, why isn't anyone ripping either Bell or Cogeco for failing to provide the necessary lines and hardware to bring us land-based services?
Old 03-21-2009, 10:27 AM

Default and furthermore

File size transferred : 1.04 MB (1090681 bytes)
Total time taken : 19.33 seconds (19328 milliseconds)
Throughput : 56.0 KB/sec [Kilobyte-per-second]
= 0.06 MB/sec [Megabyte-per-second]
= 448.0 Kbps [Kilobit-per-second]
= 0.45 Mbps [Megabit-per-second]

This is the Ka speed taken at the time of this posting from this URL
http://speedtest-east.anikast.net/Sp...nguage=english

Is it worth "upgrading" to wireless? (the Xpress 3.0Mbps plan @ $49.99 per month) I pay a little more for the Ka ($54.99)
Old 03-21-2009, 11:54 AM
....Offline..Moderator....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmcintosh View Post
File size transferred : 1.04 MB (1090681 bytes)
Total time taken : 19.33 seconds (19328 milliseconds)
Throughput : 56.0 KB/sec [Kilobyte-per-second]
= 0.06 MB/sec [Megabyte-per-second]
= 448.0 Kbps [Kilobit-per-second]
= 0.45 Mbps [Megabit-per-second]

This is the Ka speed taken at the time of this posting from this URL
http://speedtest-east.anikast.net/Sp...nguage=english

Is it worth "upgrading" to wireless? (the Xpress 3.0Mbps plan @ $49.99 per month) I pay a little more for the Ka ($54.99)
Use this test site to ensure proper 'Internet' speeds. That speed test site of Anikast is a server based test for satellite users.
http://www.testmy.net/speedtest/download_speedtest.php

EDIT. And is Xplornet going to hook you in to a contract as well for the upgrade to wireless? Since you are contract free. 1 year minimum contract for Wireless, last I read.

And yes it would be nice for Wireline Internet to be rolled out, but corruption reigns supreme in that regard. Even the rural Broadband Initiative that has rules of at least 1500Kbps as a base speed, probably does not check up on if that speed is kept up for life. Alberta seems to be at 1500Kbps minimum, maybe due to the Alberta SuperNet setup. Ontario is hit or miss. And probably some Customer Grumblings in the rest of Canada about New Brunswick and the 'No Contract' mandate by the Government contract to cover the Province 100%. But will Xplornet dare to cancel all contract commitments in the rest of Canada to see how many customers leave or take a chance and sign up, knowing they could leave at any time if the service is not up to advertising criterias.

Last edited by xplornetsuck : 03-21-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:32 PM

Yes wireless is always going to have issues, it's the nature of the beast, the consumer will always suffer, perfect wireless is bad enough all on it own, then you combine a looser company like xplornet behind the controls, and you instantly have crap and un-usable,

Hardwire Cable / Fiber landline is still the best, but I have to come to terms that it's just never going to be a reality in rural area's, no way any business would attempt it ever, any accountant adding the numbers, would run away, my road is like 2 km long with maybe at best 10 homes, and most have driveways like 1/2 km long,
I can gaurentee I will never see hardwire in my lifetime in this area.

I did not know about the "no contract" mandate being setup, this for sure is the best way to deal with xplornet, and should be set in motion ASAP, a true solution for consumers, xplornet will have to re-think it's business practices, real fast to survive,

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplornetsuck View Post
Use this test site to ensure proper 'Internet' speeds. That speed test site of Anikast is a server based test for satellite users.
http://www.testmy.net/speedtest/download_speedtest.php

EDIT. And is Xplornet going to hook you in to a contract as well for the upgrade to wireless? Since you are contract free. 1 year minimum contract for Wireless, last I read.

And yes it would be nice for Wireline Internet to be rolled out, but corruption reigns supreme in that regard. Even the rural Broadband Initiative that has rules of at least 1500Kbps as a base speed, probably does not check up on if that speed is kept up for life. Alberta seems to be at 1500Kbps minimum, maybe due to the Alberta SuperNet setup. Ontario is hit or miss. And probably some Customer Grumblings in the rest of Canada about New Brunswick and the 'No Contract' mandate by the Government contract to cover the Province 100%. But will Xplornet dare to cancel all contract commitments in the rest of Canada to see how many customers leave or take a chance and sign up, knowing they could leave at any time if the service is not up to advertising criterias.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:58 PM

I am in Northumberland County and watching what is going on in Milton as we are just getting started with Xplornet. Has anyone ever tried to get the Xplornet proposal that was submitted to your local Milton Government? It should be a public document as they were supplied with government money.
I have heard that in Northumberland County it is being held under lock and key, denying the people their rights to access public documents. They are saying that Xplornet will not be able to compete if their trade secrets are handed out. But I would say that they already have the unfair advantage with the billions of dollars they have been already given for free from our governments. With all of that money they should almost be able to give us the services for free you would think. Where is all of our tax money going? I say we push for their financial statements to know. It is our money they are wasting!
Old 03-23-2009, 01:14 PM

I honestly do not think it would mater, and I am sure the proposal is legit,

FYI the Barrett Corporation owns a slick marketing company, our polititions were "Brainwashed" ( or possibly braindead ) but I heard comments like " the other companies use india for support" so I could only assume xplornet must have used a very good smear campain against Bell to win the contract.

And that's what stuck, and any good salesman or con artist knows, if you throw a little bit of everything out there, something will stick.

Not to worry, whithin a few months Rogers and Bell were setup here, which I use, and when all the xplornet contracts are up, xplornet will be finished here, it's already started.

Good Luck Northumberland ( don't let it raise your blood pressure too much )
Take note of the xplornet dealers you have in your area right now, and just watch how many new ones pop up seemingly over night, ????? sort of like cropcircles where did they come from ????/

Last edited by Mac : 03-23-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:13 AM

Exclamation

Mac,
Can you find out who was the consultant used by Milton, to assist in getting the grant money that xplornet is spending?????
Also who was employed to be the project Manager on behalf of Milton to oversee the rollout and proper spending, blah, blah?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
I honestly do not think it would mater, and I am sure the proposal is legit,

FYI the Barrett Corporation owns a slick marketing company, our polititions were "Brainwashed" ( or possibly braindead ) but I heard comments like " the other companies use india for support" so I could only assume xplornet must have used a very good smear campain against Bell to win the contract.

And that's what stuck, and any good salesman or con artist knows, if you throw a little bit of everything out there, something will stick.

Not to worry, whithin a few months Rogers and Bell were setup here, which I use, and when all the xplornet contracts are up, xplornet will be finished here, it's already started.

Good Luck Northumberland ( don't let it raise your blood pressure too much )
Take note of the xplornet dealers you have in your area right now, and just watch how many new ones pop up seemingly over night, ????? sort of like cropcircles where did they come from ????/
Old 06-28-2011, 08:20 AM

Anyone in MIlton area now using Xplornet wireless.. this thread is 2 years old now. Anyone interested trading a case of beer so I can test out their Xplornet wireless to see how bad it is before I sign up?