XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Main Category > Xplornet Wireless Tower Forum (Motorola equipment) * (old network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2008, 11:15 PM

You would not believe how whimpy the towers are, the one that is closest to me is so low it does'nt even use guide wires, so low it does'nt even have warning lights for planes, it looks like a standard Rolm? tower that you can buy online
Old 08-04-2008, 01:02 AM

That's not one of the internet towers then.. According to the internet people I chatted while I was having my tower set up
Old 08-04-2008, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMSTUPID View Post
That's not one of the internet towers then.. According to the internet people I chatted while I was having my tower set up
I think it's 20th sideroad and it is an xplornet tower and it is wimpy for this area, I was keeping track as they were building them, but cannot find my list,

Since getting connected to rogers, xplornet is slowly becoming a distant memory for me, but the thoughts of what they and their dealers have put me thru, plus using my tax money still leaves a bad taste in my mouth,

I supported this from the beginning, I even went the the horse drawn carrige parade when the town delivered the proposal, now I just want them and their towers gone.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:37 AM

If you have Rogers WIMAX working and your happy with it - then move on.

Obviously you must be tree-ed in - and not have a clear line of sight. I'm getting great service, so are many others, - and everyday I see more receivers on roofs, towers etc.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott-Milton View Post
If you have Rogers WIMAX working and your happy with it - then move on.

Obviously you must be tree-ed in - and not have a clear line of sight. I'm getting great service, so are many others, - and everyday I see more receivers on roofs, towers etc.

Maybe 6 months ago I would have believed that being tree-ed in was a factor, but I am sorry to inform you that the trees have very little effect on my current ISP's network,

Wait till next year when the tree's grow a couple of feet, and see what happens to your xplornet signal, that's when your nightmares will really start.

I do not believe that erecting a tower for xplornet service could be called low cost affordable internet, as per xplornets contract with Milton, and I certainly hope that the towers your seeing in your area have applied for a proper building permit

Moving on is not an option for me at this point, when xplornet makes good on the Milton deal by providing 95% coverage of affordable internet as per their contract, or they return the $680.000 then maybe I will move on.

And really, If xplornet is so great, why on earth would you and countless others be asking for help here? on xplornetsucks.com does'nt xplornet have their own support forum to deal with the issues, or do all the complaints and problems just get buried internally for no one to see. ?

Last edited by Mac : 08-05-2008 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Administrator

welcome to all you new milton folks...

JUST to CLARIFY... trees ARE NOT A FACTOR... and if you think they are such an issue... please post facts and not just statements... the 900 MHZ SM ,which is ONLY CAPABLE OF xplornets lowest speeds, CAN penetrate trees and supply service... if you dont agree ... please feel free to contact motorola canopy directly, website, forums and ask them !!!

Now if you want to talk about incompetant installs, poorly setup canopy equipment, then you may be able to argue why xplornet doesn't work for people... that would be my argument.

You Milton folks might want to get Motorola Canada involved to come down and do the site surveys and equipment evaluations...they were already personally contacted by me last year.. I'm sure Milton has an IT department that could actually be contacted to implement this... it sucks to see a promising and viable technology be abused and trashed!!!

This way the "PRO's" could weigh in and give milton its much needed assessment of the canopy deployment and implementation!!!

They have taken public money and have yet to be held accountable by any elected or government official. I Have been the only one questioning and holding xplornet to task about its legal agreements, its service agreements etc.. if you are happy with them.. please get your local politicians to give me 1 million dollars and I will solve all their garbage problems... well, pick up may or may not happen, if at all... people are responsible for their own waste disposal.. we say you can put out regular garbage bags but are only taking kitchen trash bags at this point...but.... we will (maybe)upgrade our dumpsters and maybe get a few more trucks in the coming years and may take the regular garbage bags on pickup day. That is if we show up, and you have a line of sight of our trucks!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 09:29 PM

Good advise, your absolutely right, I keep forgetting that I love Motorola Products, their my first choice in any communication device, and I am sure Motorola Canada would like to find out why their systems cannot go beyond 4km range and cannot get thru a few tree's

I am also starting to write an informative letter to my local government IT for broadband here, maybe they have some insight? they could share.

Some could say I am retarded, but I will find the answers,
Old 08-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Administrator

ay least you don't have an "IAMSTUPID" screen name...which would just be a dead give away.

There a a few people here who actually run small ISP'S and seem to be able to deploy the service properly and have happy customers.. hmmm, it aint the equipment folks, its the company and its less than competant representatives who have created this mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Good advise, your absolutely right, I keep forgetting that I love Motorola Products, their my first choice in any communication device, and I am sure Motorola Canada would like to find out why their systems cannot go beyond 4km range and cannot get thru a few tree's

I am also starting to write an informative letter to my local government IT for broadband here, maybe they have some insight? they could share.

Some could say I am retarded, but I will find the answers,
Old 09-07-2008, 10:33 AM

Default If your a crook there's lot's of money to be made in Milton

Nothing new to report, other then many people paying out thousands of dollars for towers to get a signal, the xplornet dealers here have hit the jackpot, they must fail to mention to customers, that another ISP's signal was already there and they really did not need a tower.

No reply from milton other then my normal newsletters stating xplornet having trouble finding property owners for extender towers,

Oh well xplornet and their dealers are operating business as normal, burning everyone that is not line of sight

Attention to all crooks, and scam artists, there are many suckers waiting for you in Milton Ontario, it's highly profitable to be an xplornet tower installer dealer,
Old 09-15-2008, 11:49 PM

Hey there....

I've got my xplornet coming in about 3pm tomorrow and after reading this forum I'm kinda starting to second guess my decision.

I ordered the xtreme package and am in direct line of site with the tower. Does anyone ever recieve the speed that xplornet offers? Is there much downtime? What kind of overall quality of service am I looking at for the next two years (two year contract)?

I live just off of Guelph Line and 15th sideroad and have been actively looking for a highspeed internet solution in this area for a couple years now. Xplornet seems to be my only option. Are there any other out there that I may have missed?

Thanks,
A soon to be customer