XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Main Category > Xplornet Wireless Tower Forum (Motorola equipment) * (old network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2008, 03:01 PM

Yes I am familar with the conexcom map, but ufortunately it is so far out of scale it could truley be called fraudulent, I have imported that map into google earth many times, it really is a joke,

According to that map My location is being serviced and is in range of FOUR xplornet towers which shows my location being overlapped by FOUR xplornet towers and guess what NO SIGNAL

It's like I keep saying there is something not right with xplornet and their dealers
Old 08-01-2008, 03:09 PM

Default Mac

Actually, if you want to use 400 as the end of the day number of customers even though that's foolish, then MILTON has paid $500 per customer. The province provided the rest of the $680,000. And I guess by that math Xplornet is paying $11,500 per customer. Yep, great deal for Xplornet all right.

I'm not saying anything is perfect, or finished, but then again is Rogers perfect? Would you like to google the term "Rogers sucks"?

Subsidized does not equal instant perfection, it means that a service that would not otherwise exist is available. Do you want your tax dollars that were used for public transit back just because you have a car?
Old 08-01-2008, 03:13 PM

Guelph - what has your experience been so far?

Mine has been really good, - my service is good and reliable - and faster than the KA band. -

What general area are you in?
Old 08-01-2008, 03:18 PM

I'm actually not a customer, but am considering a move to the country outside of Guelph and would need access - might be able to get a signal at some of the places I'm looking at.

It just burns me when people spout crap. I don't know first hand that everything is great, but if you read the information available it's pretty obvious that the whole network isn't done yet, and that there is still work to be done.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:23 PM

Cool, - well as I said my experience has been great thus far. I've been a customer of Anikast/Xplornet since 2005 - with the KA Band, - while the satellite wasn't great - it was better than dial up - and so far the wireless has been absolutely outstanding, - and the dealer was spectacular.

I live in Nassagaweya, - and everyday I see more and more people on the system either with the 2.4 ghz receiver or the 900mhz receiver. One of the roads I take to work - almost every house has it.

I wish Mac would elaborate on the general area he is in, - he just needs to be patient, - but if he has Rogers working than maybe he should just be happy with that.

I know I pay a lot of Tax dollars for things I don't use, - this is something that a log of rural residents can benefit from!
Old 08-01-2008, 04:09 PM

You hear of stories of bad Goverment spending, like the guy who spent hundreds of thousands on his own privite office washroom with tax money, sure it makes you pissed off, but you quickly move on.

Well, this bad spending hit close to home, and yes I am a bit pissed off
Old 08-02-2008, 10:07 AM

Default Just the facts

Well according to the newest Milton newspaper article yesterday, xplornet is claiming that all eight of the proposed towers are complete, and the gaps in service will now be provided with 4 extender towers,

the article quoted xplornet will be using grain elevators and even quoted the use of flagpoles to be used for their extender towers to fill the gaps,

So if you cannot get service now in Milton with xplornet, it now appears your future service will depend on an xplornet network flagpole?

What's next xplornet ? carrier pigions with USB drives tied to them ?

the news article also quotes the main political people from milton who were involed in the xplornet contracts are still on dial-up and still cannot get service.

I am lost for words.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:07 PM

Default 4300 Rural Milton residents with only a total of 400 with service

So xplornet now believes they will service the remainder 3900 possiible customers with a couple of flagpole extenders, I truley feel sorry for the people who need to get their service from an Xplornet ISP flagpole

Welcome to the xplornet comedy network, go ahead and sign up today !
Old 08-03-2008, 09:56 PM
....Offline..Moderator....

So how unlevel or tree covered is Milton anyways? Or is that Xplornet should of built the towers higher, judging by the large amount of overlap in the tower maps.
Maybe someone knows how tall the towers are? Or did Xplornet not want to go through regulation on higher towers?(plane interference).

In BC, the wireless systems get put on ridges or mountain sides, from about 2,000 feet to 5,000 feet up from the valley bottoms, to allow for terrain and trees. And also the systems in BC need to be able to go some distance to cover a larger area in the valleys. Some have signal boosters or a reflector dish on the back of the SM to achieve a good signal.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:07 PM

In Milton, the terrain is VERY uneven. Which is why we get alot of cyclists. since 60% of the place xplornet covered is a farm area, we have Very, Very tall trees, and it doesn't help that we have uneven terrain.

The un-evenness in the terrain is because we're close the niagara escarpment. 4 Towers overlap my location, but you can't get LOS or a constant signal from them, so we had to get a tower ( Now we get LOS OFC )