XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Main Category > Xplornet Wireless Tower Forum (Motorola equipment) * (old network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2009, 12:23 PM

Default Update

Hey

I wanted to ask if anyone had actually used the information in this thread to terminate the contract?

One way or another I've had enough.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old telus dial up is fast View Post
They told me I could not cancel by phone. The fax line they told me to use does not work. Emails do no good they do not reply. HOW DO I GET THEM TO QUIT TAKING MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT?

Call Xplornet and get your login and password if you don't know them.

Once you have logged in - you can contol the payments that are coming out of your bank or from a credit card.

Easiest way to screw them - change the payment method to credit card. Now enter an old credit card number that has expired. If you don't have one, send me a private message and I will give you a credit card number that is from a VISA gift card. I have a whole bunch of them and they are valid until June of next year. The orignal value of the cards were $25.00 and I have used them all up.

These cards are useless to me - but helpful to your situation.

John
Old 08-29-2009, 02:39 AM

oh man, i am sooooooo freakin glad i found this place!!!
nice to know i am not alone that feels this way about xplornet, only had it for 3 months and i am sick of their crap, one way or another i have to get out of this
John, i wouldn't mind something like that lol
but what happens when they don't get their money? dont they turn around and go to a collections agency? last thing i need is them giving me bad credit

Last edited by xplornet h8r : 08-29-2009 at 02:43 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:00 PM

Default Bull shitted into purchasing Xplornet

Thanks for the advice on how to toast them. When I purchased xplornet I was told I could hook up a surveillance video server to their modem. Discovered that you need a "static" IP address to do this. Xplornet only offers dynamic IP addresses, which means if you want to log into a remote video monitor you have to phone xplornet and get a new IP address every few days. Ya right and wait an hour for them to answer the phone. I am going to contact my credit card company and tell them they misrepresented themselves and then screw them.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:03 AM

you can get a static ip from xplornet i think they charge $10 more a month for one

Quote:
A static IP address enables your computer to access the Internet with a consistent IP address that is directly accessible from the public Internet. There are several benefits of Static IPs including remote access, running your own web site, email server and running an online game server. Xplornet can provide you with Static IPs to meet your personal needs and can be purchased at an additional cost - 1 for $9.99/month or 5 for $24.99/month. For more information on Static IPs, please contact us at support@xplornet.com or call 1-866-841-6001.
Note: Ka-band Telesat does not offer Static IPs.
http://www.xplornet.com/xtras.aspx
Old 09-27-2009, 10:30 PM

The "paid for" static ip from xplornet is really only needed for voip. For finding your computer remotely there are a number of free options. Two that come to mind are logmein.com and noip.com. noip.com might be your best answer. I hope this helps.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:50 PM

hum interesting what about for server i now pay for a static ip as i could not ping my pc I have it listening on a certain port now for incoming requests but would not work till i got static ip
Old 10-08-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyl View Post
hum interesting what about for server i now pay for a static ip as i could not ping my pc I have it listening on a certain port now for incoming requests but would not work till i got static ip
You could also use dyndns.com which is also free.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:42 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyl View Post
you can get a static ip from xplornet i think they charge $10 more a month for one

http://www.xplornet.com/xtras.aspx
Static ip's are okay like i mean they are better then what shit they offer but still whats shit... becomes worse shit from xplornet.

I find there static ip's are still garbage there are still the original latency spikes and the shitty bandwidth is still not fixed.... not only from the hours of 10:00 am to 12:00 midnight. It really does nothing for me..... after being on shaw high speed i find this sad.....
Old 04-12-2010, 02:25 PM

Default we're all in this together

You know -- Xplornet is a division of an American company. It is unlikely that they use Canadian lawyers.
I don't like the tone of the rant here. Not fair or right to describe an entire society as you do. New Brunswick has been on the forefront in Canada for developing communications infrastructure and business. Ugly comments take the authority out of your comments.

By the way, I don't live there, but my Canada includes everyone. Even you.

Tell me, how does this contract verbage help us to move out of an Xplornet contract. Not stoopid, just don't understand what you are telling us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplornetadmin View Post
You would think xplornet pays its LAWYERS more than minimum wage... but I guess not...

Want out of your contract call billing, refer them to this link, and state that because of what is underlined below.. you are terminating.

Period, simple.. you are prohibited from using the service and thus will stop paying for it

http://www.xplornet.com/legal.php?id=2

point them to section 4

see attached jpeg of screen capture taken when this post was submitted

WHAT A BUNCH OF DUMBASSES!!!!!

HEY XPLORNET, GIVE ME A JOB... lol I'm sick of finding and fixing all your issues... you deserve to have a mass customer exodus because of your arrogance, greed and ineptness at providing service which you advertise but do not deliver. Change your legal agreements at a whim, and think by just posting them, and saying peoples continued use, even though they aren't informed of any changes constitutes a legal agreement... boy are you just... FUCKED!!!!!!!!! sorry for the language ... but its the best xplornet descriptor...

this STOOPID STOOPID oversight is everyones legal out.. and you deserve losing customers!!!

Mike

4. USE OF SERVICE: You are prohibited from using the Service and shall use reasonable efforts to ensure the Service is not used for a purpose or in a manner that is contrary to laws including, without limitation, all copyright, trademark and obscenity laws applicable to any content or information transmitted via the Service.

And this actually dates back to 2007 when i posted the legal agreement in this thread

http://www.xplornetsucks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24

Just another legal fuckup on xplornets part, section 7 refers to termination and then refers to section 22, which should be section 23...

its a contract you idiots, and if you can't write one... LMFAO

what there are no lawyers in NEW BRUNSWICK..my gawd what a buch of backwood hicks..." yep.. we cant fish any more, so lets run one of them there internet companees..yuk yuk... we'll reel em in, overfish (over subscribe), get government grants... uuuhhh what happened...???
DUMBASSES!!!!