XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Main Category > Xplornet Wireless Tower Forum (Motorola equipment) * (old network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Default Playable On-Line Games WITH or WITHOUT a static IP

We are compiling a list of games that people have been able to play online without the need of a static IP @ an extra $10.00 to your account.

If you don't see your game here please report your results..

The following Games DO NOT Require a static IP:

All Sony Online Entertainment MMO games available with a Station Pass, with the exception of Everquest II, will play fine on a normal xplornet
Everquest 1
World of Warcraft,
Ryzom,
Eve Online,
Battlefield series of games.

Please add you games that do not require a static IP or Games THAT DO!!

Games that REQUIRE a static IP:

xbox live console

Enemy Territory
ETQW
Call of duty 2-4
Warcraft 3
Starcraft
Old 02-24-2008, 11:38 AM

I played COD4 for over 2 months, right after sign-up--with no problems-- then the reciever module went down-they replaced it and pointed it at a different tower. My speed dropped dramatically and now I can't get on COD4 or Crysis Multiplayer? Any ideas?
Old 02-29-2008, 04:48 PM

Nhl2k7 and Motorstorm for ps3 were the only console games i could get to work without the static ip.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:34 PM

Smile trouble with playing online

I have recently signed with xplornet and found out that I am unable to play multiplayer games like command and conquer generals. I'm sure the problem is with xplornet since it did work with bell high speed. I have the 1.5mb wireless package. Can anyone help, I am a bit of a noob when it comes to networking and firewall settings. Also I was wondering if I would the static IP for that game.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Brian
Old 03-03-2008, 01:48 PM

i would try the static ip. You can call and try it the first day without charge to see if this fixes your problem.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:37 PM

thanks, I'll try that.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:11 PM

Default Counterstrike 1 Anthology and Steam

After reinstalling my old game "Counterstrike 1 Anthology", to play a little OFFLINE Condition Zero today, I found that the Steam gaming program would not connect to download updates.

Sadly, the company that made "Counterstrike 1 Anthology" made it dependent on their online gaming service, even when the owner of the game wants to play single player. However, there is an option to play offline once the Steam online program logs in the first time...

Long and the short of it:

The version of Steam that comes on the CD is not able to handle xplornot's network, so this is what you need to do:

1. Go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall Steam and the game if they are already installed...
2. Go to Steam's webite and download the latest version of Steam (1.5mb)
3. Install the latest version of Steam and wait for its updates to download!
4. Pop in the "Counterstrike 1 Anthology" CD and install the game.

If you did what I did and installed the CD first, you'll have to remove the whole thing because the CD installs Steam to C:\Pogram Files\Valve\Steam, where the latest version gets installed to C:\Pogram Files\Steam. If you're having trouble uninstalling the game, the game uninstaller is called C:\Pogram Files\Valve\Steam\uninstall_cs.msi.

Last edited by 400mfromtower : 03-14-2008 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:50 AM

I though every onlines games was playable with dynamic IP adress.

Here im on a 56K and my IP changes everytime I connect to the Net.

Here I read the COD 2 is not playable on a dymaic IP but I can play this game with my 56K with no problem... Well no problem to see servers and connect to them; Game play is another story on a 56K.

I think is as nothing to do with static or dynamic adress. IMHO its more on the NAT side that fucked up online gaming.

If the problem for online gaming is related to the dynamic IP adress, the only way i can figured it can occur, its because while gaming, U got disconnected ---reconnect---redisconnect--rereconnect ( a damn poor connection I agree ) getting a different IP # every time the connection is establish. Even then a static IP solves half of the problem, but it still unplayable.

On a dynamic IP, as long as u stay connected, the IP # stay the same and its should be ok for online gaming... if u dont get disconnected.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:37 PM

I play an online game called Tibia.

At the same time everyday my interent gets soo slow i cant even move on this game.

My old dial up connection was 1000x's faster....what can i do ?
Old 06-13-2008, 03:57 AM
Administrator

Go back to dial up?? You are facing the overcrowded, under funded REALITY of xplornet wireless .... cramming 100X users down a pipe made for 10 people... they have no clue as to shaping the internet, providing adequate bandwidth... just dollars and cents .. getting the most users to pay up with their current bandwidth before everything breaks and they are forced to upgrade... that is why when you call you get the " we are upgrading the tower" or " it must be a virus on your computer" excuses from tech support. Reality is!! you don't get what you think you have paid for, you wont get decent speeds when everyone logs on between 3- 11 pm your local time because their isnt enough bandwidth to let everyone use the internet all at once. Call and complain to the billing department and tell them you will only pay for what you recieve!!!

If more people did this.. then maybe xplornet will listen.. see the post about the lawsuit in Quebec against BELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I play an online game called Tibia.

At the same time everyday my interent gets soo slow i cant even move on this game.

My old dial up connection was 1000x's faster....what can i do ?