XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > ROGERS Rocket HUB USER Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2011, 02:34 AM
Administrator

Default www.rogersrockethubsucks.com temporary Home page

This is it... xplornet pissed me off... I joined ROGERS rocket hub club.... welcome to the NEW nightmare... ( xplornetsucks has thousands of unhappy cusomers)

The Rogers Rocket Hub, what COULD have been the answer to Xplornet's crappy service... something I promoted.. and now I REGRET.. feel feel to post and bitch here without ANY fear of posts being deleted, altered etc etc..

TELL everyone your Good and Bad experiences.... if you are here.. more than likely it is going to be bad.... rant away!!
Old 06-05-2011, 10:30 AM

can i suggest you also create a bell turbo hub thread as well so users can report their experience with the bell version of this ?

your website is very valuable and i will post what i can, even though i am no longer an xplornet customer, i have years of notes about them and have investigated many alternate solutions

thanks for your good work !
Old 06-05-2011, 02:23 PM

I've had the Hub for almost a week and have to say that I'm quit pleased with the performance compared to my current WiFi ISP. At least 5 times faster.

But then I'm lucky in that I live in an area no Bell and largely neglected by Telus cellular (one tower vs 2 Rogers that blanket me) yet they hold by far the greatest market share.Most of the Telus cell phone users in my area have pathetic performance (don't know of anyone around here who can use a Telus cell phone reliably) but quit a few have company supplied (oil field heavy area) phones that are mostly Telus plans so not likely to switch to Rogers for a while.

Was going to complain to Telus about the pathetic service but now I'm going to keep my mouth shut. Why upset the apple cart??
Old 06-11-2011, 09:12 PM

We've had our Rocket Hub for well over a year now and it has been great for us. Two years with Xplornet was hard to take. We now have great speeds and a good phone.

As far as negative, there is some poor customer service but that seems to be the way everything is going now. When we had something change on our account, we could not view our usage for an entire month. This is very poor considering we need to keep track of our bandwidth to save money.

Generally, we're very pleased with our Hub. The greatest thing I like is the portability. We camp and take the Hub with us. With unlimited long distance, we take our phone anywhere in Canada and it works, if there's service. We also have Internet as well.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:23 PM

Default Roger here I come

Well not quite so fast. I do have a demo rocket hub from rogers and it is super compared to Xplornet. But neither Rogers or Xplornet are serious about Business customers. I have two static ip addresses. That would cost about 120 bucks a month with Rogers and two routers.

Just went through a circus this a.m. with Xplornet over the google apps email account, which is now orphaned and they say there is no problem with there authentication.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:24 PM

I think my only "choices" north of Bowmanville will be a Bell or Rogers 'rocket' hub...now rogersrockethubsucks.com?? Seems like I'm gonna get hosed no matter what route I go...