XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > ROGERS Rocket HUB USER Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2011, 04:20 PM

Default Just got a Rogers Rocket Hub

Ordered the Hub last Wednesday from Rogers over the phone and got the Sony Ericsson W35 for $149.99 with the 2 year contract. Received it via Canada Post this last Tuesday and have been using it for a few days. I have the Hub itself facing a south window directly pointed at where the Rogers cell tower should be located (just a guesstimate). I'm usually showing 3/4 bars but sometimes it drops down to 2/4. Here are the relevant tests (at 3 bars):

I had just noticed yesterday that they have a new promotion for the W35 for $99.99 which was kind of a bummer considering I paid 50 bucks more less than a week ago. I called Rogers to try to get some sort of credit and was able to get unlimited data for the first 3 months, pretty sweet. I guess I'll be keeping it after the 15 day "Buyer's Remorse" window they have. Here are my broken-down Xplornet speeds for comparison (1.5M max):

See-ya Xplornet ya big rip off!

Last edited by colloid : 03-17-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:13 PM
....Offline..Moderator....

Interesting stats in your speed tests.

The Rogers wireless at: 4.42Mbps down and 1.1Mbps up,,, it shows as "faster than 64% of Canada". Grade B-.

The Xplornet shows at: .69Mbps down and .22Mbps up,,, It shows as "slower than 93% of Canada". Grade F.

And a variable on the test,, giving slightly poorer results(letter grade) to a slower upload on a test. (an example of: a slower upload with slightly faster download than the Rogers wireless test, can give a C+, instead of a B-).