XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Main Category > Xplornet Wireless Tower Forum (Motorola equipment) * (old network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2011, 12:11 AM

Default acceptable jitter?

I am on a 2.4 module and 600 ft from the tower, clear line of sight

and my jitter jumps all over from 1 to 9 or more, is this acceptable??

can anything to be done to stop it

I nevr used to have jitter like this
Old 02-15-2011, 11:25 AM

I have noticed jitter at 9 or 10 when downloading file(s) or torrents.
If you're not downloading or surfing jitter should be at 1, 2 or 3 maximum. Ideally zero.

If it is a sustained jitter, above 4, call Explornet. They may send out a technician to do a spectrum analysis of your area. But don't bet on it.

Jitter refers to "Interference Level" as seen on your Canopy statics page.
Wind can cause your roof module to move slightly and therefore cause a misalignment issue but at 600 feet..... I feel it is unlikely, unless the module is not secured to the building correctly.

Falling rain and snow can cause a minor blockage of signal.
The worst is the proximity of radio frequency emitting devices near your house which may be caused but not limited to; wireless phones that operate in the 2.4 gigahertz spectrum, wireless routers, two-way communication radios (dump truck, taxicab, municipal vehicles...) that drive-by, Smart Meters (depending on the model) and so on.

How close is your nearest neighbor? Did he get some new electronics?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:12 PM

The only acceptable jitter when it comes to Xplornet is how much "jitter" is in their face after you slap them for their crappy service and crappy customer service.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:18 PM

xplornet refuses to do anything, big surprise there

jitter jumps between 1 and 9 all the time
even when the weather is perfect, my module is mounted on my chimney and protected from the wind about 12 feet above ground level, and within 10 ft of my smart meter

no new gadgets here, and if my neighbour has something, there certainly isnt anything I can do about that

just really aggravating that xplornets attitude pretty much is, if you can access the internet, thats good enough
Old 02-17-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Higgs View Post
xplornet refuses to do anything, big surprise there

jitter jumps between 1 and 9 all the time
even when the weather is perfect, my module is mounted on my chimney and protected from the wind about 12 feet above ground level, and within 10 ft of my smart meter

no new gadgets here, and if my neighbour has something, there certainly isnt anything I can do about that

just really aggravating that xplornets attitude pretty much is, if you can access the internet, thats good enough
When was your smart meter installed?
Old 02-17-2011, 06:58 PM

smart meter was insatlled ages ago (18 months I think) but only went to time of use this month
Old 02-18-2011, 01:55 PM

does the start of your usage based billing with the smart meter coincide with when you started having your jitter problems?
Old 02-18-2011, 09:33 PM

over the last 3 years my jitter has continued to creep higher, but lately its really got high,

its 9.28 pm friday night and my jitter is running from 7 to 10, cant say for sure wether its changed since the smart meter activated or not, but no question my jitter is way up at the top end of the scale
Old 02-19-2011, 05:26 PM

all i got for you is a theory but is it possible your neighbours had their usage based billing activated before you and not all at once but gradually? Maybe the reason your jitter gradually climbed was from your neighbours having their UBB activated one at a time and now yours has activated as well and it being the closest one, caused the jitter to spike up and remain there?
Old 02-19-2011, 08:57 PM

no the whole village went to tou billing on smart meters the same day,

at present my jitter is runing from 1 to 10 with an average of 6 to 9

I guess the real question is, what does having a jitter in this range cause as far as symptons on the computer? slower download speed???

xplornets attitude seems to be its interference, and they expect me to find out what is causing it and elimante the cause (might be a problem, if its something my neighbour owns) LOL

my attitude is that its xplornets problem to change my module or something to stop this interference?? has anyone had any luck getting them to do it/

Thanks

Bill