XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Satellite Forum (Telesat Anik F2/F3. Hughesnet Spaceway3 KA. KU.) * (older satellites) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2010, 09:44 PM

Default CRTC Consultation on Obligation to Serve until Aug. 27

Hi there,
I didn't see this posted elsewhere, forgive me if it already has been discussed. The CRTC is asking for comments (Until August 27th).

http://o2s.publivate.ca/index.php?op...mid=68&lang=en

"Consultation on Obligation to Serve
About this consultation - The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) initiated this online consultation to hear Canadians’ thoughts about their access to basic telephone and Internet services."

Here's what I wrote in response to their question #4 - "4. Do you think that wireless services (e.g. Wi-Fi, 3G networks or satellite) can be substitutes for landline services to connect to the Internet? Explain why or why not."

I am currently using a satellite service that has received millions of dollars of funding for what is supposed to be broadband internet service. It is impossible to use for business, and frustrating to use for pleasure.

Weather related outages are common especially during summer rain storms.

"Fapping" Fair Access Policy has you slowing down to what seems to be almost dial up speed especially during peak times - just downloading an anti-virus update can get you "fapped". "Downloading stalled" is what a most recent critical software update showed. Luckily this update picked up at the 79% where the update stalled, many don't, and you have to download the whole thing again.

How embarassing trying to work from home when I was on a web conference presentation (this was not video, it was just an interactive) and got the message, "Disconnected from session. - Your computer could not maintain a reliable Internet connection to the xxxxxx service. Please contact
your network administrator or call xxxxx Customer Care at 1-877-xxx-xxxx for assistance."

Luckily I was not giving the presentation. But I missed out on much of the information provided.

And another time:

"Sorry, something weird happened, and it has all the hallmarks of a dropped network connection. Please make sure you are connected to a speedy and reliable network, and click here to reload this page and try again. Thanks!"

We pay $67.79 per month for this.

Dial-up was slow but it was at least reliable and you never lost a connection. Please upgrade our phone lines so we can get Internet over phone lines in areas where there is no cable.

Thank you.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:54 AM

Default Every One Here Needs To Do This And Pass This On!!!

THANKS FOR POSTING THIS! YES, I AM YELLING!

Did you get the survewy from xpoltassall? I knew it was going to be crap as soon as I saw it. they want to start selling more crap. This site is going to be floded with peple getting screwd by all kinds of differnt services now.

xplornet, telsat, 1 Mbps package

myxplornet test speeds 90% of the time; 205 kbps down and 20kbps - 40kbps up. I have a 16yo in the house, we live in the FAP zone. 50,000kb and we are fapped. 10 Gb / month max

no alternative, no regulation, no one to complain to