XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > ROGERS Rocket HUB USER Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2010, 02:02 AM
Administrator

lol you the same person slamming this forum and me for dissing xplornet...you be talking about the BELL hub my friend that has your issues.wrong place to post your issues with bell hub this is the the rogers rocket hub netcomm forumm/ w35... meh we love everyone who has a complaint lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbysedan View Post
be careful with the 14 day trial

after you use 50mb during your "trial" you are BOUND INTO CONTRACT which requires a $400 cancellation fee to break even if you return it on the same f-ing day you bought it. the W35 hub has a warranty for 1 year (which you have to rely on rogers or bell to get fixed) and if you can't get it fixed or have problems later, it's $400 to cancel your contract, even if you paid the $149 for the unit and the $35/month for the 2-year contract.

there's only 2 reasons I'm not using the HUB right now.

1. the cancellation fees are like a big f'n anvil ready to drop on your head + they are typical non-caring money grabbing tactics by rogers and bell like usual. and would make for a great legal way to torture it's users as time passes and 3G gets more and more traffic.

2. the usage based billing is a MASS RIPOFF. in today's internet world, 3GB in a month is a JOKE! 10GB is even a joke! i know trying to download a 6GB (paid for) game through Steam on xplorenet is a giant pain with the ass throttling that breaks the connection into a drip, but at least it won't cost me $45 just for THAT FILE that I already paid for!!

the hub is for people who barely use the internet or need the phone service. that is IT.

wait till we get xplorenet 4G. everyone will be submitted to this massive lead slug in our usage. it will force us to buy games and movies retail, and simply pay more for internet. what a JOKE.

you know what i would do to satisfy my large downloads if i did buy a hub though.. (i do not use torrent sites or even download music, i download paid-for games and games patches, etc.)

i would bring a USB stick to work (if it's available to you) and use their business class internet connections. i get all my stuff directly onto the stick, then bring it home, downloading while i work.

this still does not account for streaming video and online games.

just my .02 hope it gives someone a new perspective on their horrid xplorenet. i hate mine but i'm keeping it for now based on no usage based fees.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:06 PM

i don't have a bell hub because it sucks, so does the rogers hub, so does the virgin hub, and so does xplorenet. what's your point? you got the wrong guy dude. did you even take a second to read what you quoted? it was about getting fucked during your so-called free 14 day trial. end of story. what's wrong with warning the people who are MOST LIKELY to be buying into the W35 hub setup from whatever provider gives them the best signal strength.

chill out man, you won't keep people around if you shit on members without even reading the content they post.

Last edited by deathbysedan : 11-12-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:07 AM
Administrator

actually I am surprised you were able to swap sim cards.. from my understandings the W35 were sim locked... while the netcomm router is unlocked.. interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by renrut View Post
My Rockwet Hub is the Ericsson W35 which works great. I have not heard many good reviews of the Netcomm one. A person I know got one and tried it. The phone worked fine but data only worked for about 30 seconds and then died. He spent hours with Tech Support but the Netcomm Hub would not allow Internet access. I took my W35 over to his place and tried it and it worked fine. Tried his SIM card in my Hub and it worked. Tried my SIM card in his, no Internet.

He went and got a replacement Netcomm Hub (Since there are no W35's available here) and it had the same problem. Tech Support could not figure out what was wrong and the person ended up returning the Hub to the Rogers store. He went and got the Bell Turbo Hub (Ericcson W35) and it works fine.

I would caution people who get the Netcomm Hub. Tech Support told the person here it is more than likely a Firware problem but they will need to find where the error is before they can fix it. The Netcomm Hub works in some areas but not in others. At least Rogers allows you the 15 days free trial before you are locked into the purchase.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbysedan View Post
i don't have a bell hub because it sucks, so does the rogers hub, so does the virgin hub, and so does xplorenet. what's your point? you got the wrong guy dude. did you even take a second to read what you quoted? it was about getting fucked during your so-called free 14 day trial. end of story. what's wrong with warning the people who are MOST LIKELY to be buying into the W35 hub setup from whatever provider gives them the best signal strength.

chill out man, you won't keep people around if you shit on members without even reading the content they post.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep that in mind as I use it through the trial period.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:18 AM

Default Options

I'm currently in the same situation as all of you are. Xplorenet or Rogers. I would like to primarily use Rogers for streaming (i.e.- Netflix, NBC, ABC shows from time to time). I've looked around on google and there are several calculations based on bit rate, SD, HD streaming and so forth on how much one hour of viewing equates to in MB. Has anyone tried to stream video over the course of a month and kept within the allocated 10Gb limit? Also, is streaming a good experience with Rogers? No choppiness, no buffering, etc. I don't plan to stream HD just regular SD programming. I know that Xplorenet is unlimited as the rep told me but looking at speedtest.net, one user from my area had terrible speeds.

Reading through these posts, it seems that Rogers isn't all that bad pending your locations relative to the nearest towers but 3G is solid on my smartphone so I'm assuming it will be decent through the hub.

Thanks!