XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Main Category > Xplornet Wireless Tower Forum (Motorola equipment) * (old network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2011, 11:30 AM

Default Xplornet's Terrible Service

We Tried To Work With These People For Years Only To Become Experts At Crawling Around The Floor Unplugging And Re Plugging Cables To Reboot Their System That Kept Going Down Like A Dead Bear.

So, We Canceled And Now They Are Threatening To Sue Us.

And This Is After Explaining To Them (and They Confirmed It) That Their Own Service Records Showed Such Terrible Performance.

Harry Alexander
Old 06-04-2011, 07:14 AM

How can they sue if you have been with them for years and I assume no longer on a contract. Xplornet support staff have no idea on how to solve problems, as you have found out. Their system is performance poor at best. Get out while you can.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:42 AM

...........and let us know what happens....... if anything......!
Old 06-05-2011, 10:21 AM

one has to wonder how Xploitnet would react to a very public lawsuit if they did decide to sue and you did decide to make it public

cockroaches always scatter in the light of day

please keep us informed of your situation
Old 10-15-2013, 09:28 PM

Arrow Xplornet Really Does Suck!

Xplornet Communications internet service provider never lived up to the terms of their own agreement by failing to provide contracted services. The company proved unable to deliver the promised / contracted level of service signal and reserved the right, despite customer complaints, to 'throttle' download speeds. As a result, the contracted level of service was unachievable. Upon contacting customer service, technical support representatives acknowledged sustained signal delivery issues and admitted that company had identified the issue but was reluctant to make the necessary system upgrades due to cost issues. Upon this admission, my call in to the company 'help line' was perfunctorily terminated and never followed up. Upon my request to cancel my subscription (15 days outside of the 30 day no-obligation cancellation window) Xplornet billing applied exorbitant cancellation fees.

Having remained unresponsive to my pleas for better service for six weeks, it literally took Xplornet only a few hours to rapidly and efficiently calculate how much I owed them for service they never provided and never would. Brilliant loyalty building customer service (NOT!). Bravo!

Obviously assuming I was impressed with their abominable business practices, a customer service rep subsequently contacted me to offer me a break on future invoices if only I would sustain my subscription. Why anybody would choose to do business with this company that consistently never meets its contractual obligations, is unresponsive to customer needs until cancellation is threatened and practices vindictive billing practices against customers who should be their best advertisers, is beyond me. Prior to becoming Xplornet subscribers, despite the strident advice of neighbours warning of all the aforementioned pitfalls associated with an Xplornet subscription, we were foolish enough to take a chance and paid dearly for it.

The last insult perpetrated by Xplornet was when, without my knowledge, and without any evidence of the company attempting to contact me, Xplornet representatives trespassed on my property while my family members were all at work or at school, climbed on to my roof, casusing significant structural damage to eaves troughs and shingles in the process, and removed their satellite dish. Because the Xplornet reps who criminally trespassed did not have access to the my residence, the modem was not recovered by the company until I was obliged to return it under threat of a punitive $250 equipment fee.

Because of the trespass action I have filed a report with the OPP and am contemplating legal action pending a satisfactory response / resolution from Xplornet.

Beware of this gang of criminals masquerading as a respectable ISP.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:17 AM

Default Glad I Decided To Check Them Out!!!

They are flooding my and everyone else's mail with glossy flyers, and as I live in an area with no cable internet, and only DSL with Bell's garbage old phone lines, all I can get is a few DSL providers (I don't hate DSL!!! Just over old garbage phone-lines!!!) and the most convenient was Bell themselves. They are pure garbabe, so I wanted to switch desperately!!! It seems that Exploenet is pure shit and lying scammers from all I've read, so I think I'll just put up with flaming Bell once a month..... Thanks guys'n'girls.... maybe I'll have to go with another satellite service??? Thanks for the "exposee" on Explornet!!

Last edited by nutprof : 11-05-2013 at 08:32 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-05-2013, 08:35 AM

Default ???? What????? Bury them!!!!

???? What????? Bury them!!!! and then pee on their grave!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblkbrn View Post
Xplornet Communications internet service provider never lived up to the terms of their own agreement by failing to provide contracted services. The company proved unable to deliver the promised / contracted level of service signal and reserved the right, despite customer complaints, to 'throttle' download speeds. As a result, the contracted level of service was unachievable. Upon contacting customer service, technical support representatives acknowledged sustained signal delivery issues and admitted that company had identified the issue but was reluctant to make the necessary system upgrades due to cost issues. Upon this admission, my call in to the company 'help line' was perfunctorily terminated and never followed up. Upon my request to cancel my subscription (15 days outside of the 30 day no-obligation cancellation window) Xplornet billing applied exorbitant cancellation fees.

Having remained unresponsive to my pleas for better service for six weeks, it literally took Xplornet only a few hours to rapidly and efficiently calculate how much I owed them for service they never provided and never would. Brilliant loyalty building customer service (NOT!). Bravo!

Obviously assuming I was impressed with their abominable business practices, a customer service rep subsequently contacted me to offer me a break on future invoices if only I would sustain my subscription. Why anybody would choose to do business with this company that consistently never meets its contractual obligations, is unresponsive to customer needs until cancellation is threatened and practices vindictive billing practices against customers who should be their best advertisers, is beyond me. Prior to becoming Xplornet subscribers, despite the strident advice of neighbours warning of all the aforementioned pitfalls associated with an Xplornet subscription, we were foolish enough to take a chance and paid dearly for it.

The last insult perpetrated by Xplornet was when, without my knowledge, and without any evidence of the company attempting to contact me, Xplornet representatives trespassed on my property while my family members were all at work or at school, climbed on to my roof, casusing significant structural damage to eaves troughs and shingles in the process, and removed their satellite dish. Because the Xplornet reps who criminally trespassed did not have access to the my residence, the modem was not recovered by the company until I was obliged to return it under threat of a punitive $250 equipment fee.

Because of the trespass action I have filed a report with the OPP and am contemplating legal action pending a satisfactory response / resolution from Xplornet.

Beware of this gang of criminals masquerading as a respectable ISP.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Linux Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutprof View Post
maybe I'll have to go with another satellite service???
You'll be just as unhappy -- or unhappier -- with the others. I switched from Galaxy Broadband to Xplornet...and if I had to choose today, I'd take Xplornet. (Although in fairness, they're probably both selling the same HughesNet satellite service now.)

Re. the flyers, I have to laugh every time I see one of the billboards they've put up in our area: "You won't get a ticket speeding online!" No, you sure won't, because you'll be driving a Model T on the Autobahn. I don't know what ad agency suggested that double entendre of a slogan, but it really is wryly amusing to those who know their service.