XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Main Category > Xplornet Wireless Tower Forum (Motorola equipment) * (old network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 02:47 PM

An update if you will, on what has happened as it is now four weeks since the letters and emails were sent.

I have received NO letters from Xplornet or email replies.. I did get two telephone messages left on my answering machine.

First message said they wouldn't write to me as it took too long and they would only use the telephone ! Using the telephone doesn't document anything and they can lie their heads off and there would be no proof.

The second message said that the initial problem could easily have been caused by someone "hacking my password" - duh ! A bit late to say that isn't it. The message also said that if I hadn't responded to their telephone call within a week, the file would be closed - hmmmmmmmm!

In both cases absolutely nothing sensible was said and there was no indication that Xplornet were wrong - implication being it was all my fault.

Well folks, I will be lodging a formal complaint with CCTC and will also contact CBC and CTV to see if they need any input on ISP provider abuses. Either way, I will give Xplornet a little of what they have dished out to unsuspecting customers.

I would strongly recommend that anyone considering using Xplornet as an ISP provider - DON'T. They appear to act in a manner that is very questionably and in my case, tried illegal tactics - bullying, intimidation, threats and harassment as well as lying and refusing to document problems.

I recently spoke with an installer who said they quit using Xplornet because of problems they were getting and recommended Galaxy instead.

Thanks for reading this post - I sure hope you don't get the same screwing that Xplornet tried with me - not much fun. At least now I think I have Xplornet on the defensive as there are no more money demands or collection threats. Xplornet seem very sensitive to being called liars - ha!
Old 12-29-2012, 03:17 PM
offline "Global Moderator" Retired

Cool.

there are computer programs to record your telephone audio. You can even route your phone through the computer like a switchboard.
This one is basic hookup to a microphone but you can do some basic hardware connection for avoid strapping a microphone to your earpiece.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/

In Canada as long as one person of the two in conversation knows about the recording, you can record your conversations and use them for any legal matter.
Funny thing is when companies claim they record audio for quality control and examples of naughty customers language, is the company will refuse to release any of the audio without court orders to avoid having to apologize for a customer service agent screwing up or company policies that are practically criminal

Last edited by buttitchi : 12-29-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:54 AM

Another little bit of information that probably indicates Xplornet business culture.

Two or three days ago I got another telephone call from Xplornet at 8pm local time - which is three hours behind NB time. Xplornet calling from NB at 11pm - hmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

I answered and the caller said this is Xplornet calling - I said what ! Again, this is Xplornet and they wanted to talk with xxxx xxxxxx - me.
I just hung up on them and have heard nothing since.

After the telephone call saying that they only do business by telephone - which I believe is illegal and signed letters or documents are needed to back up claims, I just could not believe that they are trying to contact me again.

Maybe just wishful thinking on my part, but I do believe that Xplornet might now be having second thoughts on how they treated me (and other customers?) and appear to be trying to influence me somehow. I am sure that Xplornet do visit this site and read the comments made - after all it is their best interest to do so.

Xplornet has been told in writing, that the only way I will do any communicating with them is by letter - that way everything is documented, aboveboard and legitimate - something that Xplornet doesn't want to happen.

In one of my letters to Xplornet, I expressed my concerns as there was
" a pattern of deliberate dishonesty and deceptive behaviour appearing with Xplornet" - which I truly believe. The documents (emails and emailed threatening documents and the demand payment letter) show this very clearly.

Just thought that you guys would be interested in this bit of information.
Cheers

wd40
Old 02-14-2013, 08:17 PM

A bit of an update though I cannot say too much just yet.

It seems like Xplornet are going to be coming down pretty hard - at least that is my impression so far. My letters have been ignored to all intents and anoth demand payment letter arrived last week. They asked if the Xplornet email address was correct and if not, would I please supply them with the present one !!!!!!!!

I have filed a complaint with the CCTS and will have to wait and see what happens. I hope that they are not "toothless tigers" as the work they do seems to be a consensus rather than a regulatory function. Maybe I am wrong, but I am not holding out too much hope with respect to that.

Like a lot of Xplornet customers, I live in a rural area in a village of maybe 500 souls. I was at the local post office and the post mistress was telling me that Xplornet had been telephoning around the village trying to drum up business - maybe they were just checking I don't know. Anyhow, the PO employee explained the trouble I was getting and said that she didn't think many in the village would be interested in Xplornet - and ended the conversation saying that she didn't want anything to do with Xplornet. I couldn't believe it when she told me - I guess referrals go a long way eh !
This post office worker has also seen/visited this site and this postring, so she knows exactly what is happening.

Just thought I would throw that out as it may make a small difference. We all need to pass the word out about Xplornet so's not too many others get taken !

That is it for now
Thx
wd40
Old 02-14-2013, 09:27 PM
offline "Global Moderator" Retired

Try these sites as well for help

Canadian Internet Policy and Public Interest Clinic
http://www.cippic.ca/
Give them some fun in their legal studies.
Contact page
http://www.cippic.ca/about-us#location

Open Media is another source of fun.
http://openmedia.ca/
Contact page
http://openmedia.ca/contact

Michel Geist for lots of matters.
http://www.michaelgeist.ca/
Contact page
http://www.michaelgeist.ca/content/view/767/157/

Quote:
About the Clinic(cippic)

The Samuelson-Glushko Canadian Internet Policy and Public Interest Clinic (CIPPIC) was established at the University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law in the fall of 2003. It is the first legal clinic of its kind in Canada. In 2007, technology innovator and entrepreneur Dr. Robert Glushko and his wife, law and technology pioneer Professor Pamela Samuelson, made a large donation to CIPPIC, allowing the clinic to continue its student-centered research and advocacy on technology-related policy and law reform.

Upper year and graduate law students assist clinic lawyers in researching issues and drafting reports and submissions to government, commenting on proposed legislative reforms, providing legal advice to individuals and organizations, and developing online resources for the public on legal issues arising from new technologies.
Quote:
CIPPIC has a dual mission:

to fill voids in public policy debates on technology law issues, ensure balance in policy and law-making processes, and provide legal assistance to under-represented organizations and individuals on matters involving the intersection of law and technology; and

to provide a high quality and rewarding clinical legal education experience to students of law.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:02 PM

A quick update.

CCTS has received all my documentation and tape of recorded telephone messages from Xplornet. I am waiting on CCTS to say what they can or will do.

I have been able to determine/ prove that Xplornet has done a "bait and switch" on me regarding the plan I was supposed to have. I was supposed to have the monthly plan at a slightly higher rate. It looks like Xplornet had me down for the 4G plan and the 3 year contract, with the lesser monthly rate. Also, because they did this without my knowledge or agreement, it would mean that whatever Xplornet tries, this action or behaviour of theirs is not legally binding. This type of action is covered in the Consumers Protection Act legislation, which I understand, is pretty much the standard across the country. I know this is applicable in BC.

I expect there will be other surprises as this continues stretch out. Xplornet started this mess by threatening me and everything that has transpired since has been their fault. Hhhhmm - I wonder what is next ??

Thx
Old 03-18-2013, 04:04 PM

Hi Everyone,

I thought it was time to update this thread.

As of today, I received a written apology from Xplornet and have basically achieved all I wanted.

I did involve CCTS and the Consumer Protection - Complaiints, for the New Brunswick government.

CCTS was able to act on my behalf and did so.
Consumer Protection - Complaints advised that my complaint was not covered in their mandate but did make a couple of suggestions as to what alternative avenues to persue, should the CCTS complaint not work.

To those customers that have legitimate complaints, don't give up and keep at it. I came very close a couple of times, to caving in on their threats but fortunately, didn't panic and continued to find more things to complain about. It appears to have worked and Xplornet have not only lost a custmer, but they have converted me to doing a bang up job on spreading the word about how not use Xplornet for your Internet Service Provider needs.

My complaint included bullying,intimidation,threats, harassment, fraud and possible extortion - I just laid out the facts and had documentation and a tape recording to back up my claim.

If anyone does have legitimate complaints, just make sure that the complaint is not frivalous as CCTS will be pretty strict on what they act on.

A big bonus as far as I am concerned is that people in both the federal and provincial governments got to learn of this website and probably visited numerous times to see what the complaints consisted of - not good for Xplornet. Still, that is their fault and had they done the right thing with their customers in the first place, this website would probably not be here and active.

Thanks to all that have visited this posting - in excess of 1,400 visits and growiing.

Thank you

wd40
Old 03-30-2013, 10:38 PM

wd40 thank you for your thread and updates. It is important to share these experiences and keep companies like Xplornet honest. It is incredible what some companies think they can get away with.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:05 PM

Hi Guys,
Another update for those that are interested.
I recently received another writtem apology fro Xplornet - copy of a letter sent to CCTS concerning my complaint. I have to say that the letter was full of bullshit and they fail to mention the guts of my complaint. That being the "bullying, intimidation, harassment , threats, possible fraud and extortion". However, my complaint got to the people that needed to know - mainly CCTS and New Brunswick provincial government.

I think that all readers could do everyone a service by passing along, to everyone that they know, this website. That way word gets out about Xplornets questionable ethices and business practices. I mentioned this site to both CCTS and NB Provincial government, so they may just dropping by to see what is going on.

Here is how I included the website:

Early on when I started having these problems I did some research on line regarding Xplornet and was amazed at the number of dissatisfied customers. In fact there has been a web site constructed that is devoted to Xplornet's deficiencies. I am listing it below for your attention as it is well worth looking at and clearly illustrates my complaints.
http://www.xplornetsucks.com/forumss/index.php

Thanks for reading my post - it is interesting to see just how "loved" (NOT) Xplornet has become by their customers.

If we each pass along this website it will become so huge that Xplornet will be able to do little about.

Thank you

wd40