XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Satellite Forum (Telesat Anik F2/F3. Hughesnet Spaceway3 KA. KU.) * (older satellites) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2011, 04:22 AM

Default Any help with my problem?

Hey guys, for the past 2 months or so I've been having constant disconnect issues with my internet, I'm currently on a 5 MB plan for Xplorenet, I think it's the Hughsnet KA satellite but I don't know 100%.

My router is a DIR-655 A4 running Firmware 1.33 NA.

Anyways, the weird part is that this only seems to happen when I play a certain game on my PS3, all other games online work fine and have no problems, but if can't even play one game of SOCOM 4 on my PS3 without getting disconnected, then having the PSN Error: 8002AD36 come up, and after that, my entire router crashes and everyone loses connection.

I google searched, found the error on the PSN Support site and tried all the fixes, nothing worked, I even reset all factory default settings on my router and it still disconnects me.

I called Xplornet the other day and some lady that seemed like she was a total bitch said something about how the account owner (my father) had to give me consent to confirm it was actually his account due to some Privacy Act BS, I was quick to tell her I had phoned customer support three times prior and had not had this same problem.

I'll give them another call sooner or later but I'm sure this is on Xplornet's end, and the shitty thing is, it's either Platinum Communications (who's highest plan is 2 MB/$70 a month, which we had for 2 years and we had 4500+ MS pings on, Xplornet is the best ISP out here, and this is our first issue with them since signing up about 4-5 months ago.)
Old 07-01-2011, 08:41 AM

Don't know if I can edit my post on this site, but I did some searching and came across the DIR-655 section of the D Link forums, seems a lot of people were having disconnect issues with 1.3x series Firmware of the DIR-655.

I downgraded to 1.21 NA and I'm going to see if my problem is solved.