XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Main Category > Xplornet Wireless Tower Forum (Motorola equipment) * (old network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2011, 11:51 PM

Default xplorenet customers connecting to the Mosport tower

Hi everyone,
I am just interested in finding out if any other customers on this tower are
experiencing the same issues that I have. Speeds that make dialup looking like a better alternative. pings that are 30ms to the next packet at 900 or even over 1000ms.
My Dad made at call to tech support today, finally got to a level 2 tech. After doing all the standard crap they ask, that never does anything my Dad mentioned to the tech about the known issue on the tower. The tech did confirm there is a problem, that we've know about for 2 yeas now and they hoped the new traffic management policy would alleviate some congestion. That obviously has not helped, since he confirmed that its a hardware issue. Now with it being a hardware issue the tech also confirmed that there are no plans to actually repair the hardware on the tower. The supervisor is supposed to be returning a call tomorrow after talking to the engineers, well see if that actually happens.

Let me and others using this tower know about your issues with the speed and quality of service, or your answers from tech support.

Jeff