XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > If your computer seems to be broke? Fix it.
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2010, 02:56 AM

Default Need "HELP" !!!!!

I not sure if this is right section to request for some .."HELP" !!!!!
The problem that I am having is it seems that I can not get my disc drive "c' and "d" drive to work..they seem to not be reading or picking up anything..I had some more memory added to my computer and there are days when it seems to be slow amd lagging..is there anyone that can help me or give some suggestions??? I would appreciate anything that would help me ..if you need my e-mail this is where I can be reached at....
Mod edit: deleted email address..... keep replies in the forum.
thank you and have a safe and happy holiday
Gina

Last edited by xplornetsuck : 12-05-2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: removed email address
Old 12-05-2010, 01:43 PM
....Offline..Moderator....

If your computer boots into Windows, you can access the 'c' drive.

But some virus will lockout access to the "users files" and then at some point, will do a pop up ransom notice, to supposedly gain access to those files. Paying ransom does not guarantee access and you may end up with all sorts of extra credit card charges(well until you cancel the card).

http://www.xplornetsucks.com/forums/...read.php?t=491
use the executable version and then do the automated analyzer website after(copy and paste) to see what bug you have in your system, as a starting point.

You can also use the Bit-Defender online scanner as well.
http://www.xplornetsucks.com/forums/...read.php?t=419
second link in post...

Last edited by xplornetsuck : 12-05-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy99 View Post
I not sure if this is right section to request for some .."HELP" !!!!!
The problem that I am having is it seems that I can not get my disc drive "c' and "d" drive to work..they seem to not be reading or picking up anything..I had some more memory added to my computer
Gina
An important step in troubleshooting problems is understanding the "time line" your issues started taking place. If you had the memory upgraded, and then your CDrom drive ("d") stopped working, it is more likely that the installer may have bumped a cable to the drive. Or the memory he/she installed is defective (which can cause a bunch of gremlin like issues)...

As the other poster indicated, malware can be a big issue if you didn't/don't have a current working anti-virus or Internet security program running.

Worst case, remove the memory, see if things get better. If not, do a System Restore to a date before you started having your issues. Then you will need to do all the MS updates again (you are keeping current with MS updates right?).

No easy answers to your issue(s)...

Last edited by fasteddy2 : 12-06-2010 at 07:03 AM. Reason: grammar