XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Satellite Forum (Telesat Anik F2/F3. Hughesnet Spaceway3 KA. KU.) * (older satellites) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2010, 10:28 AM

Default Newsgroup Problem

I have the 2 Mbps package. I started up a binary download from a newsgroup and hit 240 kB/s out of a possible 250 kB/s so I was happy...but it only lasted for a minute or so and dropped off to 5 kb/s. I'm not FAPPED because I can start a normal download and hit almost full speed. In addition my connections in Atl.Binz keep connecting and disconnecting. Anyone know what is going on here? Thanks!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:16 PM

Filters. I don't know the fancy name. But they stop any traffic that takes bandwidth. try goggle maps, for me I have to use map quest, I think since street view. I can get one or two 5 min videos off you tube and then no more.

There is no way they will ever admit it. xplornet will take your money and hammer you on the phone until you have no will to live, give you what ever service they feel like and no one polices them. They have the remote users by the balls. If it is all you can get, get used to it. No for-play here.

Air cards are the same because if xplornet can do way can the rest of the industry. The other major providers like rogers are likely supporting them in court and at top levels to keep the rules as gray as possible so they can change the game when they need to make some extra cash on the backs of us poor saps that just want a fare shake.

Have a good read of the FAP. "UP TO" said speed... thats the big stick and they are and are going to stick it to you.

xplornet, telsat, 1 Mbps package

myxplornet test speeds 90% of the time; 205 kbps down and 20kbps - 40kbps up. I have a 16yo in the house, we live in the FAP zone. 50,000kb and we are fapped. 10 Gb / month max

no alternative, no regulation, no one to complain to
Old 10-26-2010, 05:17 PM
....Offline..Moderator....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARBARIAN-X View Post
I have the 2 Mbps package. I started up a binary download from a newsgroup and hit 240 kB/s out of a possible 250 kB/s so I was happy...but it only lasted for a minute or so and dropped off to 5 kb/s. I'm not FAPPED because I can start a normal download and hit almost full speed. In addition my connections in Atl.Binz keep connecting and disconnecting. Anyone know what is going on here? Thanks!

I'd say to test the maximum speed for duration after 11pm or try during Hughesnet FAP free time. 2am to 7am eastern time. Possibly Hughesnet is doing a throttle on UseNet downloads during daytime hours.
Otherwise set your speed at a lower amount like 25% of maximum bandwidth and try that out.
Also the number of connections may be an issue, if you make too many and cause the system to deny all those sources over a certain limit.
Is there any encryption settings? It will run slower on satellite, but it does keep the ISP out of your private stuff.