XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Satellite Forum (Telesat Anik F2/F3. Hughesnet Spaceway3 KA. KU.) * (older satellites) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2010, 03:42 PM

Thumbs up booked WiMax appt - maybe my days with Xploitnet are over?

called Bell and WiMax is now available in my area
booked appt $180 install fee

$40/month (discounted since I have other Bell services)

2 Mbps down
512 kbps up

modem rental fee $5 / month

let's hope it works and I can get this Xploitnet satellite contraption off my roof

would be X-mas come early !!

should be installed in 2-3 days and I get 14 days to try it out, risk free

I will report how things go
Old 06-24-2010, 09:28 PM

If you don't mind me asking bogey1, what area are you in?
Old 06-24-2010, 10:11 PM

simcoe county
Old 07-03-2010, 09:49 AM

I was on the bell.ca site and typed in my phone number for internet services and it showed that the 512 kbps portable, 2mbps rural, and 3mbps portable internet were available to me now. I live in Quinte West. So I made a phone call and after 3 transfers and talking to 4 agents over a 45 minute period I was finally told that they stopped offering all these services in my area as of June 1, 2010. What a big let down that was. Should have known it would be a too good to be true thing...still stuck with xplornot. I hope you have better luck than me bogey1.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:31 AM

Thumbs down

wimax guy came out here and even though the map says i should be able to get rural 2mbps/512kbps, signal strength isn't good enough for install

same problem for 6 other installations he tried in my area

i guess simcoe county wasted a million bucks and the boys and girls at bell are laughing all the way to the bank
Old 07-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Administrator

killdozer99.. you should look into the rogers rocket hub if in Quinte area... the portable internet is basically stopped @ norwood I think, however with the 401 cell network, the Rocket hub may be your BEST bet...you have 15 day trial period to test it out.. check their coverage area out, and see if you can get it

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killdozer99 View Post
I was on the bell.ca site and typed in my phone number for internet services and it showed that the 512 kbps portable, 2mbps rural, and 3mbps portable internet were available to me now. I live in Quinte West. So I made a phone call and after 3 transfers and talking to 4 agents over a 45 minute period I was finally told that they stopped offering all these services in my area as of June 1, 2010. What a big let down that was. Should have known it would be a too good to be true thing...still stuck with xplornot. I hope you have better luck than me bogey1.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:50 AM

I live in the Quinte area and the Rocket Hub was a great thing but I think it was too good. I was getting great speeds but lately, it has dropped dramatically in the evenings. The system is getting loaded down because so many people in the area have bought a Hub. Last night, I was getting 300 to 500kbps speed when I use to get 4 to 6Mbps. I just tried it this morning and I'm back up to 5Mbps. Don't expect good speeds during peek times.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:03 AM

I can get the hub but I know I will blow right through the 10gb bandwidth in less than a half month. If they offered 40gb a month for the price they have for the 10gb plan then I would. I would need more than 10gb cause I know that if we had decent internet in my house that, youtube video watching would go up and we could actually do online gaming.