XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Satellite Forum (Telesat Anik F2/F3. Hughesnet Spaceway3 KA. KU.) * (older satellites) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2010, 04:35 PM

Default xplorenet for xbox live

just recently got xplorenet sat internet (took over someones contract) i am not sure which package i have. i am wondering can you use this for xbox live?
Old 05-11-2010, 10:25 AM

Hughesnet stopped working for xbox live a while ago. Not able to download any extra content, etc. Not sure if this has been resolved as I have not hooked up my xbox 360 in about 4 months.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:40 PM

i was able to sign up for xbox live and update my games and xbox but when i log into the multuiplayer games there is no one in the rooms to play with. i phoned microsoft and they told me that my current connection is to slow i have the kazaam package. it looks like i need the extreme package, i phoned xplorenet and they said that package would be fine but i am not sure i believe them seeing as they would not offer any trial package or anything like that.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Linux Member

Although usually you are locked into a satellite contract for some period of time, I don't think you get locked into a service upgrade. You should be able to upgrade to a higher plan for a month (or less), and if it doesn't work out, downgrade back to your original plan without any penalty. Of course, you will have to pay the higher monthly rate for the time you're on the plan. (They may be willing to pro-rate this if you use less than a month of the more expensive service.)

Of course, make sure you confirm with them before you accept a service upgrade, that you can downgrade back to your current service with no penalty.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:01 PM

It will work with a static IP, but I wouldn't play it on a satellite connection ever... never ever.

Unless you like playing with 500ms+ pings anyway. If you can live with that, go nuts man. It also uses an assinine amount of data, which unless you are on a big package, you will get FAP'd at your 200mb/day limit for a 24 hour period really fast.