XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > ROGERS Rocket HUB USER Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2010, 08:58 PM

Default need help (Maybe Rogers Hub?)

i want to get something different than xplornet, always have but never thought there were any option other than that or dial up, but i hear that rogers hub is good thing, would it work in remote areas and what other options would be worth looking at
Old 07-12-2010, 02:51 PM

http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html Check here for a tower near your location.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:01 PM

I have the Rocket Hub and it is great for me. As mentioned, check to see if there are any towers in your area. Also check the Rogers coverage area for 3G service. It will give the up to 7.2Mps speed.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wi...kYourCoverage#

Make sure you click the HSPA service which will show the 3G in yellow.

The very maximum distance a GSM system can be from a tower is 35km. That is extreme for distance. If you are a ways from a tower, you may need to get an external antenna. The cheapest I've seen are on Ebay but it's hard to find one that supports all frequencies. The tower locator shows the location but if you click on the tower, it should show the frequency it runs at.

Roger will allow you to try one for 15 days. If you do not like it, you can return it. Just check first because large companies are known to change their policies without warning or notice.