XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Main Category > Xplornet Wireless Tower Forum (Motorola equipment) * (old network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2008, 09:12 PM

Default SM login

Is there another way to get the mac address. I have a BH unit. not sure the mac address is on the unit?
Old 11-12-2008, 10:06 PM

Figured it out . Mac address is on the top of the status page. Do not use the "-" . Got in but settings for sustained speed looked ok 3500 and 3500 for a total of 7000. They must throttle some other way ?
Old 11-13-2008, 11:13 PM
Administrator

Everything is throttled on their side with the BAM software... think of it as a database they can see, to set up the units.. doesnt matter what the SM says, they set up the access points (AP's) to dole out the speeds.. that is why they can remotely change your speeds from New Brunswick..

Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by needspeed View Post
Figured it out . Mac address is on the top of the status page. Do not use the "-" . Got in but settings for sustained speed looked ok 3500 and 3500 for a total of 7000. They must throttle some other way ?
Old 01-02-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplornetadmin View Post
that is why they can remotely change your speeds from New Brunswick.
Well, they could change speeds remotely without BAM -- that's why the Internet Gods created Telnet.

Management software just makes it easier.

There are probably things that they can do with Telnet that they can't do with management software. Just guessing, but that's been my experience with management software for network hardware such as routers, gateways, bridges, switches, etc.

Cheers
Darren
Old 08-11-2009, 07:58 PM

Default uplink question

I have the reflector dish on i believe its a 2.4 ghz sm. I had to get this for the 5 meg service,

my question is when i go into the QoS are of the sm configuration, the Sustained Uplink Data Rate and Sustained Downlink Data Rate are both at 3500. should this not be at at least 5000?

or am in not reading this right.

Also tried changing it, it appears to save the setting and then when the screen refreshes, its back to 3500 again.

Also i noticed that Enable Broadcast/ Multicast Data Rate is disabled. I can change that and the setting seems to stick, my question on this is should I leave it disabled or is there an advantage to having it enabled?

are there any settings in the sm that i can change to help with the download speeds that im not attaining?

thanks for the help so far in this forum.

its nice to be able to talk to people that understand there are issues with this product, thier customer support certainly doesnt think there is anything wrong with not giving us the service we are paying for.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:41 PM

Default 3.5Mhz access

Does anyone know how to get to the admin/info page for the 3.5mhz SM? I want to raise my SM so I can get the 5mb package but do not want to pay a installer to come out to do it. I want to be able to see if my changes make a difference in signal strength.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2009, 01:03 AM

Check out my post in for instructions on the 3.5GHz module's status page: http://www.xplornetsucks.com/forums/...read.php?t=877

Also, one other thing to note regarding DLink routers.
For the other motorola wireless, I believe it uses Canopy software and the frequencies are 900MHz 2.4GHz and 5.7GHz, DLink released a firmware update for some older routers in order to work better with that wireless equipment.
Apparently there's an issue closing active connections and it messes up something with a module's NAT.