XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Satellite Forum (Telesat Anik F2/F3. Hughesnet Spaceway3 KA. KU.) * (older satellites) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2007, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Installerguy View Post
is this your system? and have you asked your installer why he has given you a fail point on your system?and have you smacked him up the side of the head?
Indeed it is our system. And I think my husband would like to smack the guy upside the head, LOL!

Actually, I had been considering sending those pictures to Xplornet, and your post just convinced me to do so. I want a record on our file that this is how it was done, since our warranty runs out in less than a month. I also told Xplornet that if they are going to book a service call in the future, to please send someone else, and I specified which installer. We have a new one who just started in this area and he seems to have a good attitude. I really don't want to deal with the original installer any further.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Administrator

ergo the Installer milking the customer for everything he/she can scenario... not that they all do.. but according to xplornets policy... pretty much everything other than absolute hardware failure, is the custumers responsibily.

Imagine if bell/starchoice staellite installers worked this way??? Whats the difference.. pointing and installing a sat annena is the same... I guess xplornet with it's rules... favors the installers, to create service calls... remote locations/remote issues/ people looking for more money...

I'm no installer.. but no weather shields on you connections is bad... also the fact your cables do not seem to be tied to you mast arm with anything can cause issues... send in the pics... get a different installer... send in your pics to the manufacturer of your setup... that might make a stir... that just dont look right, or Professional!!

btw.. bird crap on a dish doesn't make you lose signal... a crappy install may however!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber View Post
Indeed it is our system. And I think my husband would like to smack the guy upside the head, LOL!

Actually, I had been considering sending those pictures to Xplornet, and your post just convinced me to do so. I want a record on our file that this is how it was done, since our warranty runs out in less than a month. I also told Xplornet that if they are going to book a service call in the future, to please send someone else, and I specified which installer. We have a new one who just started in this area and he seems to have a good attitude. I really don't want to deal with the original installer any further.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplornetadmin View Post

Imagine if bell/starchoice staellite installers worked this way??? Whats the difference.. pointing and installing a sat annena is the same... I guess xplornet with it's rules... favors the installers, to create service calls... remote locations/remote issues/ people looking for more money...

I'm no installer.. but no weather shields on you connections is bad... also the fact your cables do not seem to be tied to you mast arm with anything can cause issues... send in the pics... get a different installer... send in your pics to the manufacturer of your setup... that might make a stir... that just dont look right, or Professional!!

Oh, gosh, the same guy installed our Star Choice dish, too! It's working fine thus far, however. I haven't take a close look at it.

I sent the other 2 pictures to Xplornet yesterday and I haven't heard back from them yet. I will be following that up, however. Here is a picture from another angle. The cables have been tied to something further down. I hope it shows up, as I had to shrink the picture quite a bit to get the forum to accept it.

I'm sure glad to have found the information on this forum about this. Otherwise I would never have known that it wasn't done properly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tria pic 3a.jpg (53.5 KB, 16 views)