XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Class Action Lawsuit Forum and Petitions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-28-2009, 10:26 PM
xplornetadmin xplornetadmin is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 585
Default Xplornet petition (Closed)

I noticed a member has a petition site set up so here is his link


MOD EDIT july 28 2009. The petition creator has gotten out of his contract. And Petition is now closed



Please visit and sign my online petition for Xplornet.......http://www.gopetition.com/online/24568.html

Last edited by xplornetsuck : 07-28-2009 at 01:06 PM.
  #2  
Old 01-29-2009, 01:25 PM
dave_ca dave_ca is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 301
Default

Now please... do not tear me apart for saying this.

I believe the petition itself is a good idea. How the petition is worded bothers me.

"We, the undersigned Xplornet customers, call on Xplornet satellite services to provide the level and standard of service that we pay for regarding speed limts and reliability."

I believe the petition needs some hard numbers. What kind of reliability are we talking about here ? 100% uptime ? Reliability in the equipment.. reliability in the signal reaching your house.. what exaclly ? What kind of speeds do you want Xplornet to provide ? 80% of advertised speeds 80% of the time.. 100% 100% of the time.. etc...

If the petition could be re-worded in a way that had direct, concise demands, I believe it would have more merit. As it is now, I in good faith cannot sign it.
  #3  
Old 01-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Buckcreekbilly Buckcreekbilly is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 26
Default

Well dave_ca, as i explained before, a petition is supposed to be short and to the point. The pre amble above it pretty much explains the situation in more detail. I am not a thespian so it's up to you whether you want to sign it because of phrasing or not. Anyone experiencing difficulties with xplornet sat service can certainly ascertain the jist of the petition.
__________________
No longer an Xplornet user. Thanks to those who tried the petition with me.
  #4  
Old 02-06-2009, 12:44 AM
xplornetadmin xplornetadmin is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 585
Default

HI Dave... the petition basically says... I sign up for a 1.5 MB package I should get a sustained speed of 1.5 MB not the "BURST" crap that is hidden in the contract, that says if i dont like it ,fuck you !!!!!!!!!!and you have to pay us out the terms of your contract for 3 years..if you dont like it.. or else, like reported by other's on this website , and we will destroy your credit rating if you dont submit.

Either xplornet delivers the advetised speeds.. or it is guilty of a bait and switch campaign/ false advertising/ or just bad business practices.

SO the TRUTH... XPLORNET wireless 750K DL/ 250K UL period end of story.. no matter what package you pay for... this is the SUSTAINED SPEEDS you will get!!

Like xplornets contract!!! this has been posted as of this date and is deemed to be true... unless xlpornet sues me in court to remove these FACTUAL numbers!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_ca View Post
Now please... do not tear me apart for saying this.

I believe the petition itself is a good idea. How the petition is worded bothers me.

"We, the undersigned Xplornet customers, call on Xplornet satellite services to provide the level and standard of service that we pay for regarding speed limts and reliability."

I believe the petition needs some hard numbers. What kind of reliability are we talking about here ? 100% uptime ? Reliability in the equipment.. reliability in the signal reaching your house.. what exaclly ? What kind of speeds do you want Xplornet to provide ? 80% of advertised speeds 80% of the time.. 100% 100% of the time.. etc...

If the petition could be re-worded in a way that had direct, concise demands, I believe it would have more merit. As it is now, I in good faith cannot sign it.
  #5  
Old 02-06-2009, 01:18 PM
dave_ca dave_ca is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 301
Default

I agree with that. The Up to on there web should be replace with this

30 second Burt at 3Mbit/s
1Mbit/s sustained...

I forget witch American ISP it is.. but there terminology for Burst speed is power boost... Maybe Xplornet might look into that. So when you look at there site it would say

Speed 1Mbit/s, Burstable to 3Mbit/s for 30 seconds.. I guess its what I said above in a different format ;p

In any case off topic I apologies.
  #6  
Old 02-12-2009, 12:35 AM
xplornetadmin xplornetadmin is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 585
Default

Funny thing is .. truth is in the speed tests!!!.. do a speed test @ testmy.net....

notice that now, YOUR speed compared to the AVERAGE of ALL.. read thousands of xplornets test... which is approximately 750 K!!!

So thousands of xplornet users test average out at 750K, which is what I have been sayin all along, is the basic SUSTAINED speed.

The proof is in the pudding.. I don't think testmy.net, based in the states give a rats ass about xplornet, as they do not sell "enhanced" speed test results like speedtest.net does.

So basically.. the EMPIRICAL evidence is in all the averages of speedtests done at testmy.net by xplornet users which for the most part suggests that the average download speed IS 750 kb per second... half of the 1.5 mb PKG/ one quarter of the 3 MB PKG.. so people are screwed... but should complain loudly as according to the fish mongers in customer support...acceptable speeds are 3/4 of their contract... hard to dispute hard facts even with a crappy contract.

This is one more nail in xplornets coffin, as the data from testmy.net shows the company delivering speeds that even they say is unacceptable!!

Keep doing the speed tests folk @ testmy.net... your results are stored for future reference and you have a baseline for xplornet as a whole to argue any case in court as to why their service TRULY sucks!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_ca View Post
I agree with that. The Up to on there web should be replace with this

30 second Burt at 3Mbit/s
1Mbit/s sustained...

I forget witch American ISP it is.. but there terminology for Burst speed is power boost... Maybe Xplornet might look into that. So when you look at there site it would say

Speed 1Mbit/s, Burstable to 3Mbit/s for 30 seconds.. I guess its what I said above in a different format ;p

In any case off topic I apologies.
  #7  
Old 04-13-2009, 09:42 PM
doogie doogie is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
Default

I've signed the petition.

They clearly violate the Consumer Protection Act, 2002 by misleading and deceptive practices. They should not be allowed to promote the burst speed as the package offering. This "burst" only allows them to falsley promote a download speed that is much higher than it actually is so they can charge more. Also they state that they do not "throttle" their connection (everyone at their organization has told me this); however they clearly have stated that they reduce the download speed which is "throttling" (they are reducing the speed, it's not being reduced by traffic). Again, clear violation of the consumer protection act as they falsey state that they do not do something when they clearly are.
  #8  
Old 04-20-2009, 08:39 PM
doogie doogie is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
Default

Interesting.

They are receiving government grants based on the following.

http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/...ions/qa.htm#14


2. What is "Broadband"?

For the purposes of this program, broadband is defined as a high-capacity link between end user and access network suppliers at a minimum download speed of 1.5 megabits per second.


I've sent an email to my city council asking how they (Xplornet) can receive money (my tax dollars) when they are not meeting the 1.5 Mb/sec requirement.
  #9  
Old 04-21-2009, 11:53 PM
xplornetadmin xplornetadmin is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 585
Default

Want explicit proof.. ask them how you are put on on router behind a "quasi router=the AP" just so they can add more customers... this is why people are getting banned by global spamcheck sites. More reason to access your SM and disable NAT... make them pay for the upgrades... throttling can happen by xplornet, or other internet sites NOT Happy with the way xplornet deploys it service

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie View Post
I've signed the petition.

They clearly violate the Consumer Protection Act, 2002 by misleading and deceptive practices. They should not be allowed to promote the burst speed as the package offering. This "burst" only allows them to falsley promote a download speed that is much higher than it actually is so they can charge more. Also they state that they do not "throttle" their connection (everyone at their organization has told me this); however they clearly have stated that they reduce the download speed which is "throttling" (they are reducing the speed, it's not being reduced by traffic). Again, clear violation of the consumer protection act as they falsey state that they do not do something when they clearly are.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.