XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Xplornet LTE network * (Newest Network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2016, 04:56 PM

Default Free Xplornet.............?

I recently changed banks, I set up the automatic withdrawal though my bank.
For the last 3 months, Xplornet said they have received the payments, yet no money has been taken from my account.

My old bank account is non existent..

I double checked my banking information, everything is correct, but their are never any withdrawals from Xplornet.

I phone them every month to confirm, they received the payment, they say yes, but still no money comes out of my account.

I login to MyXplornet and it says I have no balance owing, payment received.

Should I be concerned, or shut-up, and consider myself lucky......
Old 01-02-2016, 08:26 AM

Don't worry. One day you will come home and discover you have no Internet service. When you call in, they will pass you to accounting, who will ask for the past due amount PLUS interest. Be prepared...
Old 01-02-2016, 03:01 PM
offline "Global Moderator" Retired

If recall properly, Xplornet uses a third party for billing. If they mixed up the 'bill to' numbers (bank account numbers), someone else is getting dinged from their bank account auto-withdrawal.

It's good financials when people check their bank account money movements, on a half monthly basis.

OP, make sure you know the contact info for your government's consumer protection branch and the CCTS. https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/
Trying to fix it now may make things go all plaid, seeing the way Xplornet does some things. You could try to force your way past call support to get to the billing department, or just try the CCTS to have an officially documented fix.

Keep your funds for payment aside and hopefully the third party payment processor's monthly/yearly audit catches it, eventually. When things get to proper, do not allow Xplornet to charge interest because of their fuckup.
It'd be even better if the new Federal government banned any company from forcing payments to be only by debit from bank or credit card. I doubt Xplornet would like the Feds auditing their billing errors.

Back to retirement
Old 01-02-2016, 04:20 PM

This is my usage report from My Xplornet....saying I have only used 0.01 GB in the last 3 months....

This is my actual usage as per NetWorx bandwidth monitoring..

I have the 25.0 Mbps 500 GB LTE Package. So I'm not worried about usage, but how inept is this company, that they can't even keep track of my usage ,let alone their billing...

"buttitchi" Could you explain a bit more about my CCTS options.. I would rather not spend endless hours, trying to solve this by phone through Xplornet ..
Old 01-02-2016, 05:42 PM
offline "Global Moderator" Retired

Looking at that, you may have a 'broken account file'.
A broken account file is usually where the customer doesn't have web portal access to all parts of the account and the customer support agent also has issues accessing your full file. Support will then submit the file for repair off to the Techs responsible for keeping the system stable.

And potentially, I hope not, a partially merged with another customer file (someone paid for your service and data use), since your data counter is dead. GB counters do not need any verification of accuracy or in working order from Weight and Measures Canada.

A broken file is a simple fix with a database repair, but merging with another customer has privacy act implications. Reminds me of Rogers where they were merging accounts of people at the same address (including different units) or with the same name. https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...s_exposed.html Rogers knows their computer billing system is slightly broken with the random mergers happening.

CCTS link for complaint. Helps to keep companies from hiding problems with their service (complaints documented by the third party). Probably a good way to document things and get a somewhat accurate "what happened here?".
https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/complaints/complaint-form

Back to retirement

Last edited by buttitchi : 01-02-2016 at 05:54 PM.