XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Xplornet LTE network * (Newest Network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2015, 07:40 AM

Default New CPE Radio's

I was talking to tech support and he told me that my new CPE7000 installed 1 month ago would have to be changed out for a new radio before I could switch to LTE. Then he said good luck getting one looks like OCT or Nov. before they will have them. Has anyone else been told this?
Old 08-18-2015, 04:01 PM

When I called about upgrading to LTE (because my tower has LTE now.) They told me that even though the LTE equipment is on the tower, they aren't signing up people as of yet. The customer support rep told me that 12-13 towers have been put up this month and all of them are on hold because of this issue.

I was told that the longest it will take is 30 days which was disappointing because of the possible chance of not being able to get the LTE 250 10mbps package, but after 2 phone calls of trying to work out some deal to get it; they were able to put in a work order for me for that package. He told me that the installer will call me hopefully in 30 days or less and that even if its after August 31st, I can still get that package.

All I suggest you to do is wait.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:17 PM

I also have the cp7000 however I got converted to LTE before they found there was an issue. Since j have gotten two automated calls from xplornet apologizing for my service and telling me I will be contacted shortly by an installer to switch my equipment. That was almost a month ago and I have not heard anything from anybody. I have not complained because LTE is working for me and switching from satellite it is a big difference for me. However I should be on the 25 mb plan and can't get that with this receiver.
Can't wait until all this gets sorted out.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markl View Post
I was talking to tech support and he told me that my new CPE7000 installed 1 month ago would have to be changed out for a new radio before I could switch to LTE. Then he said good luck getting one looks like OCT or Nov. before they will have them. Has anyone else been told this?
Curious now. if its just a firmware issue on the new CPE7000 radios, and they're switching the radio hardware completely, does that mean the new radios are a different model than the CPE7000's or is it the OEM firmware has bricked their current radios and their no longer upgradable? Makes a difference if you want access to the radios using the login information thats currently available on the forum for the CPE7000's.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofRome View Post
Curious now. if its just a firmware issue on the new CPE7000 radios, and they're switching the radio hardware completely, does that mean the new radios are a different model than the CPE7000's or is it the OEM firmware has bricked their current radios and their no longer upgradable? Makes a difference if you want access to the radios using the login information thats currently available on the forum for the CPE7000's.
I dont know cant get an answer out of xplornet if its a new model our a renewed CPE7000.

If it was a firmware fix they could just push it to the unit from the NOC and fix them all. So my best guess is bad hardware and firmware?

Maybe somone here has a new radio??
Old 08-29-2015, 11:23 AM

I can answer my own question!!LOL it seem to be a firmware problem, our tower LTE went live last week and killed the WIMAX signal to more than a few people.

My best guess now is they cant push a firmware upgrade to the CPE7000, my installer say they have to swap out the units with ones that have the newer firmware, ONLY problem he deosnt have any LOL. So my internet is back up so Im guessing the LTE signal is now off until they get us all fixed.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:07 AM

Update XploreNit does really SUX!

LTE is now live on the tower in our area BUT I dont get a good signal 4 KMs from it LOL. My Wimax signal is 65 and 29-30 which is very good but the LTE cant even be picked up (very weak signal).

I re-track all my posts about a good signal from LTE-ONLY X-N could fucH up a platform that should work with an antenna in your house.

This outfit is a joke they dont have a clue whats going on! The best part is they only offer LTE in my area now but no one can get the signal past the 4 KM mark! This is a good thing I talked 8 locals out of getting the service!!!
Old 09-23-2015, 09:09 AM

I've never had a signal problem. I am at least eight kilometres away from my tower and there are some trees in the way. Are there any hills or solid structures in the way of your signal? I have found my LTE signal to be fairly resilient, even in the summer when there are leaves on the trees. Right now, the signal is 87 and 26. If the installer cannot get a signal and there are no significant obstacles in the way, you might want to ask another installer to look at it.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:38 AM

Its not the installer Its Xplorcrap, they did have a great LTE signal here and had to dial it back because it screwed up the Wimax. No hills and a few trees between me and the tower just stupid people at the ISP head office! I get a different story every time I call! Thats OK saved another family from them last week!
Old 09-28-2015, 08:37 AM

Ah, sorry. I missed that in your earlier post. We didn't even have WiMax when LTE arrived, so I guess we didn't have to deal with the interference issue. All of our past suffering was a good thing?

It seems crazy that they don't have a good plan to transition from WiMax to LTE.