XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Xplornet LTE network * (Newest Network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2015, 02:42 AM

Default Clarification

I can confirm that I am a 4g WiMax customer and I now have the 250 GB package. The only thing stopping you from getting the upgrade package is if there is a stop sell on the tower. ( meaning they oversold the capacity. I was able to get that Overridden using the social media team). So to confirm it's not just LTE customers that have the option of higher bandwidth capacity packages.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:31 PM

Java Are you on the tower near Nanticoke???? I called them and got the same story now they are offering the huge packages?? My installer said the tower was supposed to go LTE mid June. I will call him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java View Post
So 2-3 weeks ago, my 4G Wimax tower finally stopped signing up people on their system. However, now they opened it up again and they are offering 250gb and 500gb packages. Now I am completely screwed. They said that they were upgrading my tower but then they said that they aren't or they don't know or some other excuse.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soto View Post
It sounds like your tower already as LTE you should call and get it checked out, you'll see significant improvement in your speed and bandwidth but it'll become really shitty really fast in under a month from that promotion. (P.S Do NOT take it as it'll lock you in for another 12 months with them go with the 100gb plan with the 120gb throttle plan so you don't overpay for overusing the internet!)
I have called and I was told that it is still unavailable. (The 250gb and the 500gb package are both 10mbps down 1 mbps up and it states below that it's "4G Wireless") I'll try tomorrow to call up a dealer because they typically know if a tower has LTE before Xplornet's Reps (For some sort of reason.)
Old 06-25-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markl View Post
Java Are you on the tower near Nanticoke???? I called them and got the same story now they are offering the huge packages?? My installer said the tower was supposed to go LTE mid June. I will call him
My tower is located in Bradford. Sadly, I'm on the tower without LTE and I was told by a dealer that they will install LTE in May. Then I was told they were working on it two weeks ago than not and yeah. Hopefully I can get LTE in the next couple of weeks.

It sucks that I cannot get DSL. If I go 2 minutes East, West or South, I can get 5 mbps DSL. If I go 4 minutest West or South I can get Bell Fibe 25 mbps. 6 Minutes north west I can get 40 mbps cable, 4-5 minutes North East I can get around 60 mbps cable. It's not like I live where there is like 5 houses. I'm in a small ish area but it's fast developing and if they put DSL where we are, everyone will switch so I don't see why Bell doesn't want to invest in it.

Last edited by Java : 06-25-2015 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:47 AM

I dont think xplornet senior managment has a clue of whats is going on! The left hand sure dont know what the right hand is doing! They are really lucky the big cell phone guys dont decide to get into the fixed internet biz because they would be gone real quick!
Old 06-28-2015, 06:30 PM

Just called Xplornet and they actually gave me a date for when the LTE service for Bradford will be "added." The service rep told me that they have a date of July 16. (Give or take a couple days.) Then he told me that they have to do testing and it should be online and letting people connect by the last week of July or the first week of August.