XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Xplornet LTE network * (Newest Network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-08-2015, 05:28 PM
raptureboi raptureboi is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 12
Arrow New Plans with 250 and 500GB Bandwidth

Connect to what matters:
The Internet you need to get out there this summer!
Get connected with plans that come loaded with tons of value and, for a limited
time, the most data we've offered, EVER!

Includes 250 GB/month of data to download what you want, when you want
A choice of plans, like our Xplore 500 plan with speeds up to 10 Mbps and
500 GB/month of data so everyone at home can be online - all at the same time!2

Free basic installation - a $225 value!3
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-08-2015, 10:11 PM
Shjinta Shjinta is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 44
Default

Just make sure your tower can handle the new bandwidth packages... Mine cannot
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-09-2015, 11:56 AM
justanotherguy justanotherguy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 29
Default

Agreed. It sounds like good news until everyone tries to stream Netflix in HD off the same tower. Hopefully in this case there is more than one tower in your area.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-14-2015, 02:15 AM
dave_ca dave_ca is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 301
Default

It is good to see Xplornet is offering some real bandwidth.. on paper. Can they deliver in practice?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-23-2015, 01:29 PM
KingofRome KingofRome is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 21
Default Not for Wi-Max plans.

Just called Xplornet, they said the plans are only available for LTE customers as the Wi-Max network isn't supported for the higher bandwidth..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-23-2015, 05:13 PM
Soto Soto is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherguy View Post
Agreed. It sounds like good news until everyone tries to stream Netflix in HD off the same tower. Hopefully in this case there is more than one tower in your area.
Yup, I was on LTE a full 3 months before anyone on the 250gb/plan as a 'tester' they said because the fact that I asked them right as they were rolling it out and it wasn't public without request yet.

Fast forward a 3 weeks ago when they started the promotion and now it's completely fucked.

I went from the advertised 15-25 ping, 10mbps down and 1.5mbps up to now dealing with a shitty average of 4-6mbps down and 0.25-1mbps up. Also got the joy's of seeing my gaming ping of 20-25 go all the way back to 180-700 so it's ruined any multiplayer game I can play.

Called there 'support' multiple times until an actual manager picked up and told me he'd check it out. He went casually "Yea all the towers in your area are overloaded but don't worry we'll be rolling out more upgrades for bandwidth in the next 3-12 weeks".

So I'm completely fucked for the next 3 months because they couldn't be assed to upgrade there systems during the roll-out phase. Fun thing is this happened with the old network as-well I was on it for a few months got it and then it went to shit because they kept constantly overloading the servers without doing shit to fix them.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-23-2015, 06:49 PM
Shjinta Shjinta is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soto View Post
Yup, I was on LTE a full 3 months before anyone on the 250gb/plan as a 'tester' they said because the fact that I asked them right as they were rolling it out and it wasn't public without request yet.

Fast forward a 3 weeks ago when they started the promotion and now it's completely fucked.

I went from the advertised 15-25 ping, 10mbps down and 1.5mbps up to now dealing with a shitty average of 4-6mbps down and 0.25-1mbps up. Also got the joy's of seeing my gaming ping of 20-25 go all the way back to 180-700 so it's ruined any multiplayer game I can play.

Called there 'support' multiple times until an actual manager picked up and told me he'd check it out. He went casually "Yea all the towers in your area are overloaded but don't worry we'll be rolling out more upgrades for bandwidth in the next 3-12 weeks".

So I'm completely fucked for the next 3 months because they couldn't be assed to upgrade there systems during the roll-out phase. Fun thing is this happened with the old network as-well I was on it for a few months got it and then it went to shit because they kept constantly overloading the servers without doing shit to fix them.
Yeah my tower is overloaded. It' has been for the last month now. I guess since it's summer all the kiddos are out and hammering the internet. It really sucks.. By the time We even get LTE everyone else will jump on it and it will be just as slow.

God I want out of my town lol. Would be nice for xplornet to get some actual competition.. then they would be totally fucked and out of business.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-23-2015, 08:44 PM
Java Java is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Southern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 37
Default

So 2-3 weeks ago, my 4G Wimax tower finally stopped signing up people on their system. However, now they opened it up again and they are offering 250gb and 500gb packages. Now I am completely screwed. They said that they were upgrading my tower but then they said that they aren't or they don't know or some other excuse.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-24-2015, 12:41 AM
Soto Soto is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java View Post
So 2-3 weeks ago, my 4G Wimax tower finally stopped signing up people on their system. However, now they opened it up again and they are offering 250gb and 500gb packages. Now I am completely screwed. They said that they were upgrading my tower but then they said that they aren't or they don't know or some other excuse.
It sounds like your tower already as LTE you should call and get it checked out, you'll see significant improvement in your speed and bandwidth but it'll become really shitty really fast in under a month from that promotion. (P.S Do NOT take it as it'll lock you in for another 12 months with them go with the 100gb plan with the 120gb throttle plan so you don't overpay for overusing the internet!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shjinta View Post
Yeah my tower is overloaded. It' has been for the last month now. I guess since it's summer all the kiddos are out and hammering the internet. It really sucks.. By the time We even get LTE everyone else will jump on it and it will be just as slow.
God I want out of my town lol. Would be nice for xplornet to get some actual competition.. then they would be totally fucked and out of business.
If you actually live in-town you might be able to get a different ISP, there should atleast be a DSL you can get that's like 10-25mbps/down and 5mb[s/upload with unlimited bandwidth for $45.

Last edited by Soto : 06-24-2015 at 12:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-24-2015, 03:23 PM
Shjinta Shjinta is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soto View Post
It sounds like your tower already as LTE you should call and get it checked out, you'll see significant improvement in your speed and bandwidth but it'll become really shitty really fast in under a month from that promotion. (P.S Do NOT take it as it'll lock you in for another 12 months with them go with the 100gb plan with the 120gb throttle plan so you don't overpay for overusing the internet!)


If you actually live in-town you might be able to get a different ISP, there should atleast be a DSL you can get that's like 10-25mbps/down and 5mb[s/upload with unlimited bandwidth for $45.
Sadly no. Shannonville is right near the Native Reserve. From what the town hall council members told me. It was a bidding war to see which ISP would invest into the town. Xplornet I assumed lowballed and won the contract. It's all exclusive Xplornet here. There are no DSL/Cable stations here
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.