XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Xplornet LTE network * (Newest Network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2015, 11:03 AM

[quote=KingofRome;9403]If you're using Unblock-Us, how does it register your IP? even in a DMZ your modem should still be issued a Private IP which i've been told rotates weekly. Maybe my question should be what does your external IP look like if you do a quick "What is my IP" search?

My IP address shows the Xplornet CPE IP as reported in the device status screen. I give this address to Unblock-Us. When trying to access a service running on my network I give the CPE IP and the internal port (e.g. 100.43.126.XXX:8086) and the CPE will now pass it through to my router which will send it to the appropriate PC and both my router and the CPE will open the necessary ports because upnp is enabled on both.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:20 AM

[quote=edcwhite;9413]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofRome View Post
If you're using Unblock-Us, how does it register your IP? even in a DMZ your modem should still be issued a Private IP which i've been told rotates weekly. Maybe my question should be what does your external IP look like if you do a quick "What is my IP" search?

My IP address shows the Xplornet CPE IP as reported in the device status screen. I give this address to Unblock-Us. When trying to access a service running on my network I give the CPE IP and the internal port (e.g. 100.43.126.XXX:8086) and the CPE will now pass it through to my router which will send it to the appropriate PC and both my router and the CPE will open the necessary ports because upnp is enabled on both.
Thats very interesting that you have direct access through the CPE IP, and that it is technically a private IP.. But thank you for the update!
Old 02-17-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edcwhite View Post
UPDATE: Posted this on another post but just wanted to follow up here. "I did have a chance to talk to a manager at Xplornet.. He has Explicitly told me Static IPs are NOT being discontinued for the 4G service, and you can subscribe to one (talking about getting spun around with mixed messages). On LTE its something they "should" be adding as that Static IPs are issued in blocks to each tower vs a block for a given region of towers and its not an issue that they have tackled yet."
Old 06-14-2015, 12:36 PM

Default Some one give me a summary

I am considering Xplornet over Foxnet DSL in Oxford Mills. Here is my requirements please a weigh in. Work requires I use 4 different VPN client (crazy I know) so I use Fortinet, Cisco, Check Point, and OpenVPN. Will they work with the new LTE service?

Is there any content filtering, will my Kodi streamed content work with the LTE service?
Old 06-14-2015, 11:21 PM

4 different VPN clients? Yikes.

Can you get FTTN or just plain jane 6Mbps dsl ?
Old 06-15-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms6601 View Post
I am considering Xplornet over Foxnet DSL in Oxford Mills. Here is my requirements please a weigh in. Work requires I use 4 different VPN client (crazy I know) so I use Fortinet, Cisco, Check Point, and OpenVPN. Will they work with the new LTE service?

Is there any content filtering, will my Kodi streamed content work with the LTE service?
I use Cisco AnyConnect for work and I haven't had any problems with it on LTE. For me, speed/latency is more of an issue on the VPN server side and not on the Xplornet side.