XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Xplornet LTE network * (Newest Network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2015, 07:52 AM

Default Don't expect to get though modem ports

Hi there , just had the new LTE installed, great speed compared to Mimax but now I can't access any of my security cameras , security system. Called xplornet and they said ddns services, open ports or static addressing is not allowed on the new system . How backwards can you get
Old 01-28-2015, 09:32 AM
Linux Member

Useful info, thanks. Since I'm now using a static IP I don't think I'll be upgrading soon. (Not that Xplornet is likely to be upgrading our area any time soon...we only just got the "old" 4g fixed wireless system.)
Old 02-01-2015, 08:23 PM

You can try something like this: https://www.softether.org/4-docs/2-h...ll/2.VPN_Azure to get around that issue. It does require some technical knowledge but is not to bad.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:31 AM

Default access to USA Netflix via Services like Unblock-us

Hey, Random question. Anyone able to use Unblock-us to get USA Netflix on the new Fixed wireless LTE platform or even with the 4G without using a Static IP. I've read everywhere that it doesn't work with Xplornet Satellite, but no one has said anything about it not working with the Fixed Wireless System.

I also called to find out about the Static IP thing on the new LTE platform as we use Xplornet with it on the 4G as we were going to upgrade. Finding out "its a business decision" to not offer it was the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard when they get to scam you an extra $10 a month for it.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofRome View Post
Hey, Random question. Anyone able to use Unblock-us to get USA Netflix on the new Fixed wireless LTE platform or even with the 4G without using a Static IP. I've read everywhere that it doesn't work with Xplornet Satellite, but no one has said anything about it not working with the Fixed Wireless System.
I had TorGuard working very nicely on my Mac using the Viscosity Mac app. This was on the fixed wireless 4G network via the Viscosity app. Since the upgrade to the LTE network, I've been unable to connect to my VPN service on the Mac. Strangely, it still works on iOS devices (connected to the same network via wifi). Still investigating...

The speeds on the LTE really are remarkable, though. Pings between 25-35 ms and download speeds of 24 Mbps sustained!
Old 02-15-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garafraxa View Post
I had TorGuard working very nicely on my Mac using the Viscosity Mac app. This was on the fixed wireless 4G network via the Viscosity app. Since the upgrade to the LTE network, I've been unable to connect to my VPN service on the Mac. Strangely, it still works on iOS devices (connected to the same network via wifi). Still investigating...

The speeds on the LTE really are remarkable, though. Pings between 25-35 ms and download speeds of 24 Mbps sustained!
Wondering if your viscosity app is using UDP ports for its VPN tunnel. Check if you can use TCP Ports (80, 443, 563 ect) instead and maybe try connecting through those. I use PIA and have always had more stable connections using TCP, though its a bit slower than using UDP because of the extra overhead you get. Otherwise definitely let me know!

Right now we are getting Ping times of 90ms and we are literally 500ft away from the tower in Ottawa-West off the Fixed 4G wireless.. so 25-35 sounds remarkable.. along with the speed boost!

I just called Xplornet again to find out if they could perhaps disable my static IP so i can test things like Unblock-us and Plex to see if they work well without the public static IP, but they said if i did do that they wouldn't put it back on for me because its not only discontinued for LTE, but it has been discontinued for all newer 4G fixed wireless and LTE setups.. So even if i have it now, and take it off to simply test things, they won't put it back on for me if i found Plex or Unblock-Us Didn't work.. Hence my question! haha.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:

I also called to find out about the Static IP thing on the new LTE platform as we use Xplornet with it on the 4G as we were going to upgrade. Finding out "its a business decision" to not offer it was the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard when they get to scam you an extra $10 a month for it.
Yes, unblock-us (voip as well) works fine with the CPE6000 used by the 4G system without a static ip. Seems they are also now freely giving out the operator user/pass for the CPE system now as the last two techs I spoke with offered it to me so I would see my speeds reported by the CPE when disconnected from my router. With the operator user/pass I have disabled the firewall, and put my router into its DMZ and now have pretty much full access to my network from the internet without the static IP. So not offering a static IP will be a good thing if they will now instead give us access to the CPE as they should have all along.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edcwhite View Post
I have disabled the firewall, and put my router into its DMZ
Make that put my router in a DMZ and enabled UPnP.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edcwhite View Post
Yes, unblock-us (voip as well) works fine with the CPE6000 used by the 4G system without a static ip. Seems they are also now freely giving out the operator user/pass for the CPE system now as the last two techs I spoke with offered it to me so I would see my speeds reported by the CPE when disconnected from my router. With the operator user/pass I have disabled the firewall, and put my router into its DMZ and now have pretty much full access to my network from the internet without the static IP. So not offering a static IP will be a good thing if they will now instead give us access to the CPE as they should have all along.
Great! Thats awesome that Unblock-Us works and thank you for the update! will likely call Xplornet back up and see if i can get the new LTE system then as the extra speeds could definitely be used (with of course making sure i can get operator access to the new LTE modems).
Question: If you're using Unblock-Us, how does it register your IP? even in a DMZ your modem should still be issued a Private IP which i've been told rotates weekly. Maybe my question should be what does your external IP look like if you do a quick "What is my IP" search?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garafraxa View Post

New Question: Anyone else who switched to the new LTE Fixed Wireless platform having issues with VPN tunnelling?
Old 02-16-2015, 10:34 AM
Linux Member

Quote:
I just called Xplornet again to find out if they could perhaps disable my static IP so i can test things like Unblock-us and Plex to see if they work well without the public static IP, but they said if i did do that they wouldn't put it back on for me because its not only discontinued for LTE, but it has been discontinued for all newer 4G fixed wireless and LTE setups..
Oho. Thanks for that information! I just switched to static IP about two months ago for some development work, and I was planning to switch back when I'm done. Now I'll just keep the static IP as long as I can.