XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Xplornet LTE network * (Newest Network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2015, 01:21 PM

They really don't seem to have a very consistent plan for upgrading towers in any given area, one of the towers to the north of me got upgraded a month ago, however i can't get a good enough signal for 25mbps,

A fiber fed tower that i'm currently connected to is scheduled to get LTE anywhere between mid May and mid June,

another fiber fed tower that i can practically throw a stone at has no upgrade date yet, but is scheduled to be upgraded at some point.

Another tower, to the south-west of me is scheduled to be upgraded around July,

It really doesn't seem like they work on these in order or anything, huge amounts of time between upgrades, and all over the place.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:05 PM

I got the LTE flier today but NO LTE here as of yet LOL. They said it was a mistake when I called them. I laughed and said it was FALSE advertising HAHAHAHA, the CSR didnt laugh
Old 05-07-2015, 12:29 AM

Shannonville / Belleville Has pretty much all their towers updated. I called my local installer and asked them. The girl on the phone told me that my tower was upgraded because she had one of their installers upgrade a customer that day. Yet Xplornet didn't have the tower updated in their system -_-

She also told me that I'm exactly between two popular towers and they are both over max capacity and that's one of the major reasons why my internet is slow. Joy to be me.. So now I'm wondering if the upgrade to LTE will even be worth it. Technology Wise LTE trumps their 4G stuff.. but for some reason Xplornet gets a cheap version of it, or purposely slows it down..
Old 05-08-2015, 07:29 AM

it may not be the LTE or 4G slowing the system down its thier infastructure or lack of! the pipe leaving the last tower needs to be big enough to handle the traffic. Good news they will be doing the local tower in the Selkirk area mid June its really over subscribed!! We will see how it works
Old 06-01-2015, 11:43 AM

Well People locked to the Shannonville Ontario Tower are shit out of luck. That tower has a Q1 2016 date for the LTE upgrade. So now I got my local installer trying to lock me to the surrounding towers getting the LTE upgrade.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shjinta View Post
Well People locked to the Shannonville Ontario Tower are shit out of luck. That tower has a Q1 2016 date for the LTE upgrade. So now I got my local installer trying to lock me to the surrounding towers getting the LTE upgrade.
Dont feel bad we are working our way backwards here NOW I can only get the Expedience hardware and the packages have gone down to 5 meg max DN and .5 up. and 20 gig max $90 bucks a month. WTH no LTE now?? This company is really messed up!
Old 06-10-2015, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markl View Post
Dont feel bad we are working our way backwards here NOW I can only get the Expedience hardware and the packages have gone down to 5 meg max DN and .5 up. and 20 gig max $90 bucks a month. WTH no LTE now?? This company is really messed up!
Jesus.. Yeah you're worse off than me man.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:29 PM

LOL The tower is shed. for an upgrade now, maybe they downgraded it!
Old 06-12-2015, 10:23 PM

Guess my tower is in downgrade now! All week it's impossible to use the net from 3pm until 3am. Good old summer.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:16 PM

Default Sick and tired of crappy speeds

We are supposed to get up to 5mbps, getting nothing like it, every time we phone tech another new excuse comes out. What can be done with these people , it's disgusting and no way of any solution. We have no alternative .