XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Xplornet LTE network * (Newest Network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2014, 08:46 AM

Default LTE rollout in Ontario

Appears to be underway... I am in rural west Ottawa and just had my conversion scheduled for mid January. The campaign has not launched yet so the web site doesn't show the LTE information but the tech said the package is now available (though still in testing phase) to my postal code but couldn't be sure if my current tower was the one offering it. I will know more when they come to check the signal and change out the box.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:39 AM

Oh nice? You're only three hours away from me. Did you see the package speeds? are we still stuck on 1mbps upload? How much are they charging you to converge?
Old 01-05-2015, 11:15 PM

Default Please Keep Us Posted

I live south-east of Ottawa but when I was promised LTE last Spring, the local techs were unaware of any upgrades in our area and thought LTE could be several years away. Hope they were misinformed!
Old 01-26-2015, 07:18 AM

Turns out my tower is not yet upgraded so the wait continues. I may have been able to get it off the tower that was upgraded but if I couldn't get the needed signal I was going to be charged $100 for the service call. I was told probably another 2-3 weeks for my tower so the roll out is ongoing.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:05 PM

Default Lte

Just talked to sales and looks like late summer for early fall for the Haldimand County Tower near Selkirk, ON
Old 03-25-2015, 08:53 AM
Linux Member

I just got a flyer in the bulk mail for Xplornet LTE service in our area (Grey County, ON). Actually the fine print on the offer says "LTE, 4G, or High Throughput Satellite" service, so clearly LTE is just starting to be deployed here.

Since I'm still using my static IP I'm going to stay with 4G wireless as long as I can...probably a few years at least, the way service gets rolled out in this area.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:02 PM

I'm in the woodstock tillsonburg area, Tillsonburg just got LTE 2 weeks ago, The fiber fed tower i'm connected to right now in Woodstock is supposed to get LTE really soon, and a super tall tower 2KM from my house that only had canopy is getting upgraded as well, so i'm almost guaranteed to be able to get the 25mbps LTE,

All should be complete within the month i'm told.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:16 PM

Nice! Shannonville is still up in the air, but I wonder if they're doing something. Our connectivity has been real shit the last two weeks. I also got into a nice discussion with a tech about why my Fathers satellite connection gets faster speed tests and download speeds than my Fixed Wireless.. It didn't go anywhere -_-
Old 04-26-2015, 10:46 AM

Default Lte

nothing here as of yet Selkirk ON
Old 04-28-2015, 12:05 PM

Well Xplornets website has my Postal coded listed for LTE. I called my local installer.. My tower is the last one to get upgraded. It was suppose to be done by this week and it's still not.

I was told I have to call Xplornet, get a work order, THEN they get the local company to come over and do the conversion.

Does anyone have any experience with this Conversion? Can we still get into the modem like we can with the 4G modem?