XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Xplornet LTE network * (Newest Network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2015, 09:25 PM

For the LTE signal the numbers are much lower Im on WiMax numbers need to be higher---- still waiting for LTE!
Old 07-19-2015, 10:48 AM

I believe if I remember correctly the CINR requirements for LTE 25 is 15.. I think that's what my installer said.. For my area the WIMAX CINR for 10mbs is 28... Which is insane.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:31 PM

Good to know. That also makes sense.
Just curious what receiver do you guys have? I ask because I was give the cpe7000. But today I got an automated message from xplornet saying that they apologize for my crappy service and they found problems with those antennas. They also said I will be contacted by an installer to switch to a different antenna. Just curious if anybody else got the same message.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwegs732 View Post
Good to know. That also makes sense.
Just curious what receiver do you guys have? I ask because I was give the cpe7000. But today I got an automated message from xplornet saying that they apologize for my crappy service and they found problems with those antennas. They also said I will be contacted by an installer to switch to a different antenna. Just curious if anybody else got the same message.
I have the same unit --Just had it installed????? Wonder why they are installing defective equipment
Old 07-21-2015, 09:41 PM

I only had it installed last week as well. Not sure they were aware anything was wrong. They said I should be contacted by an installer in the next few days. I'll update this post regardless of the outcome so everyone has an ideals what is going on.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:35 PM

Good TY for keeping us in the loop
Old 07-29-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markl View Post
I have the same unit --Just had it installed????? Wonder why they are installing defective equipment
They are defective. My installer was talking to me about it last week. They've had to go put a shit load of people on hold for LTE due to buggy radios. Now they apparently got brand new ones. (2-3 weeks until I can see if I can hop onto the new LTE tower in my area)

Not sure what happened exactly, but it appears like Xplornet dropped the ball big time on these Radios.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shjinta View Post
They are defective. My installer was talking to me about it last week. They've had to go put a shit load of people on hold for LTE due to buggy radios. Now they apparently got brand new ones. (2-3 weeks until I can see if I can hop onto the new LTE tower in my area)

Not sure what happened exactly, but it appears like Xplornet dropped the ball big time on these Radios.
Do you know if it is all the units or just a certain batch? I have had one for about 8 months and it does some strange things occasionally.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:54 AM

FWIW I was speaking to an Explornet installer 2 weeks ago and he said that they were not allowed to do any more installs until a firmware problem on the radios was addressed
Old 07-30-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Do you know if it is all the units or just a certain batch? I have had one for about 8 months and it does some strange things occasionally.
It was a batch they say!!! Not all but who knows with this company