XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Any Other Wireless Internet Providers Worth Discussing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2014, 05:22 PM

Default Rogers Fixed Wireless

I just discovered that Rogers Fixed Wireless is available in my area. Does anybody have it? Is it better than Xplornet Fixed Wireless? What are the speeds and the pings?
Old 11-08-2014, 06:56 AM

Not sure what you mean by Rogers fixed wireless....I have a Rogers Rocket Hub.....It works great, but is expensive. $90 for 20gig
Old 11-10-2014, 05:51 PM

I was looking here http://www.ic.gc.ca/app/sitt/bbmap/hm.html?lang=eng to see what was available in my area turns out Rogers Fixed Wireless is available.
I know that it is not the hub because I also have Rogers Mobile Wireless available.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:13 PM

Interesting....Looks similar to the Xplornet setup. I wonder if it runs off the Rogers towers.......and wondering about the cost. I have no problem with the Rogers Hub other than the price...

I Google Rogers fixed wireless and got this
http://enterprise.rogers.com/pe/en/s...eless-internet
Old 11-14-2014, 09:06 PM

Ya I also tried sending them an e-mail and I still haven't gotten a reply and it's been almost two weeks
Old 11-17-2014, 07:56 AM

Rogers fixed wireless still uses their Cellular LTE network, it's just not portable like the hub. It's designed more for fringe areas because Rogers will install the system and ensure you have connectivity.

I'm guessing with the install fees, contracts, etc., the hub is still a better choice for the typical residential customer.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:42 PM

Bit old post now but I believe Rogers Fixed Wireless is in beta testing still. I have a friend who is currently beta-testing this service and it's pretty nice. (At least the package he has.)

He gets up to 40mbps download, 2-3 mbps upload and a 300GB monthly cap. However, it's beta and I bet they will lower his speeds when they are done testing.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java View Post
Bit old post now but I believe Rogers Fixed Wireless is in beta testing still. I have a friend who is currently beta-testing this service and it's pretty nice. (At least the package he has.)

He gets up to 40mbps download, 2-3 mbps upload and a 300GB monthly cap. However, it's beta and I bet they will lower his speeds when they are done testing.
Hmm interesting... Could you get an idea on who the latency is? Also when he thinks the beta testing will be complete?
Old 04-11-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3ADShOt3 View Post
Hmm interesting... Could you get an idea on who the latency is? Also when he thinks the beta testing will be complete?
The ping on online gaming is around 50-70ms but it's always constant. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know because hes only getting it because his sister works at Rogers and she was asked to beta test it.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:40 PM

So I gave them a call and turns out that it's for enterprise only. I really wonder why they wont offer it for residential.