XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > ROGERS Rocket HUB USER Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2016, 07:43 PM

Default Had to ask the question

Me: Virgin Mobile Wireless Home Plan 300 GB PLAN save $5/mo. FOR 2 YEARS NOW $45/MO. Download up to 25 Mbps + Upload up to 10 Mbps Can you folks tell me why you dont offer a plan like this? We cant get Xplornet wireless (SOLD OUT) and the other WISP is wireless dial-up. We need something for school and home in the area. Your current service is really expensive! and has very low CAP's. I would commit to a 2 year deal is we could get a better plan! Regards, Robert

Their reply

Rogers Management Office, responding on XXXX's behalf. Thank you for providing that information; I was able to authenticate you.

I have reviewed Virgin Mobile's site, and I was able to locate the plan that you're referring to. Based on the information that I could see, Virgin's home Internet service does not work on the wireless network like your phone, but is wired Internet with a WiFi modem. Virgin's parent company is Bell, so it probably runs on Bell's Fibe network. Fido has a similar offer which runs on Rogers' cable network. Unfortunately it looks like neither Rogers' nor Bell's networks cover your address; I checked your address on Virgin's site.

The reason that wireless Internet rates are more expensive is due to the availability of space: wireless bandwidth is much more limited at this time than cable bandwidth, so access to it comes at a premium rate. No one is able to offer wireless Internet at the same rates as hard-wired.

If you have any questions about this concern, please let us know.

Thank you,