XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Xplornet LTE network * (Newest Network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2015, 03:49 PM

Default Shannonville Tower is going LTE

Not sure if anyone else is from Shannonville Ontario. I spoke to my installer today as I haven't heard from them in almost a month. Someone lit a fire under xplornets ass. They are in the process of upgrading the tower and it's "Suppose" to go LTE live Monday. Now I've heard that towers get delayed 3-4 weeks due to issues. So I'm crossing my fingers it goes live and I'll have the system upgraded by the end of the week.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:30 PM

What CPE modem do you have? If it the CPE7000 then it may not work they are swapping them out because of bad firmware. ETA for new hardware is at least a month unless your installer has the new ones????
Old 08-21-2015, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markl View Post
What CPE modem do you have? If it the CPE7000 then it may not work they are swapping them out because of bad firmware. ETA for new hardware is at least a month unless your installer has the new ones????
Not sure what Modem we're getting yet. I spoke with the installer today and I explicitly asked if the modem was working because I had heard the ones currently out are broken. The lady said these are working ones. So I wonder if they upgraded the firmware, or these are newer ones.

Keep you posted
Old 08-21-2015, 10:00 PM

Please do TY
Old 12-08-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markl View Post
Please do TY
Sorry to bring this old thread back from the dead. Just wanted to say that as of December 2016 the Shannonville Tower still does not have LTE. The Existing WI-MAX system has been capped off and severely limited due to be extremely overloaded with people. The tower no longer has a 10mbps option. Last I spoke with Xplornet they had no idea when the tower would get upgraded.

I took a new job up north and no longer deal with Xplornet, but I do maintain it for my In-laws.. Feel the pain you all suffer through with this crap company.