XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Xplornet LTE network * (Newest Network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret View Post
This problem still exists at my local installer, who's tower for xplornet is on their property, less than 200 feet away from my location. They have no answers and according to them xplornet has clammed up saying nothing as to whether LTE will become available. Meanwhile back in 2015 the local installer did go around to the locals and install new defective radios and shortly after changed them all back.

But what worries me about this forum post is the number of folks indicating they are getting close to speeds expected but posts else where around the internet indicate a different picture on lte. So what is it? Is xplornet actually working as expected or are the folks getting good speeds but still can't watch netflix or youtube without interruptions/signal skipping? I'm leaning to those other posts who speak of throttling regardless of LTE speeds.
I would like to hear as well from what I read the grass still isnt very green on the LTE front!!!!
Old 08-10-2016, 10:20 AM

So far so good for me. I upgraded to Xplornet LTE around 3 months ago & so far I am very happy with the service. I have the 10 Mbps with 200GB cap. I test the speed every morning (testmy.net) & it is fairly consistent around 9 Mbps but drops in the evening to about half of that. Having said that, I notice no decrees in speed while surfing in the evening & have watched video in the evening with no issues. I must note that I am very close to my tower (1/2 mile) & from what I have been told from Xplornet, there is lots of spare capacity on the tower so my experience might note be representative of the norm. I also have never been close to reaching my 200GB cap.