XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Xplornet LTE network * (Newest Network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2015, 07:12 AM

Default OOma Telephone on LTE

Has anyone successfully run the OOMA Telo service on the LTE network?

I am on the WiMAX network (old RIPNET client) and it ran out of the box yesterday and seems to work really well. I want to upgrade to LTE, but tech support said that it may not work, likely because of the Dual NAT issue. They thought it might get resolved when they will offer a static IP solution on LTE.

I'd appreciate any comments that might help me decide whether to upgrade now or wait it out. This will let me cut the Bell cord.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:17 PM

While I can't comment on the the LTE network, I have been running a MagicJack on the Wimax service for about two years now with no issues. The only thing I did do was to assign the MagicJack a static IP from the router and then configure the QOS engine to give that IP the highest level of service. So far no echos, no dropped calls...
Old 11-27-2015, 05:10 PM

Default It works!

So, I decided to try it. Upgraded to LTE today and the OOMA system connected without issues. Works very well, 25 Mbps down (1 up...). Maybe now I can cancel Bell.

The nice part of the install is that the LTE antenna is actually mounted directly on the tower and I no longer need the mast (to get the extra 10 feet). We had a wind storm a few years ago that bent the mast and I had to replace it, so this is a welcome change.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:00 AM

I've been running VOIP for years with Xplornet using various providers. Currently I use an old SPA-2102 ATA and VOIP.MS as my provider (I was able to port my old Bell line).

Prior to LTE I had to buy the "fixed IP" service, but with LTE everythng works even without fixed IP.

I'm not familiar with Ooma, but it just looks like a proprietary VOIP system like Magic Jack so it should work.