XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Xplornet LTE network * (Newest Network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2015, 09:19 PM

8/24/2015 9:17 PM EDT DOWN-2.60 Mb/s UP- 0.95 Mb/s 31 ms Mississauga, ON ~ 50 mi

WIMAX 10 MEG package
Old 12-09-2015, 08:13 PM

I just checked in with my installer and he said my tower still hasn't been upgraded. I am considering switching from my 2mbps DSL to the 10mbps wimax though. He said it should be upgraded in the new year.

I am reading that with LTE you cannot get a static IP. I remember when I had the original xplornet fixed wireless I needed one for xbox live to work properly and to vpn into work. I read that VPN will work without a static IP on LTE using IPv6, but I haven't read about xbox live.

Does anyone know how Xbox Live works on LTE? Would I need a static IP on wimax for those things? Maybe I will just wait until LTE is available.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:11 PM

I use PSN and LTE works for games like Destiny. PvP can be hit or miss, though. Typically ping for me is between 60-80 ms, but it can be higher in the evenings.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:07 PM

DONT do it! If your tower has wimax only it is overloaded!!!!!! I had the 10 meg WimAX AND AVERAGED 2 MEGS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colesy View Post
I just checked in with my installer and he said my tower still hasn't been upgraded. I am considering switching from my 2mbps DSL to the 10mbps wimax though. He said it should be upgraded in the new year.

I am reading that with LTE you cannot get a static IP. I remember when I had the original xplornet fixed wireless I needed one for xbox live to work properly and to vpn into work. I read that VPN will work without a static IP on LTE using IPv6, but I haven't read about xbox live.

Does anyone know how Xbox Live works on LTE? Would I need a static IP on wimax for those things? Maybe I will just wait until LTE is available.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:33 AM

I'm paying for 10mbps, but I'm REALLY lucky to get 2mbps (on a good day).

I called in a awhile ago to see why I couldn't get closer to the 10mbps. Level 1 (& eventually level 2) support said there was nothing wrong with my signal strength nor tower, and didn't have an answer.

So here I sit paying for 10mbps, but only getting 1mbps this morning.