For the gamers that have CPE7000 box (AkA LTE/WiMax) how to lower latency.
Depending on your luck your LTE or WiMAX might be overloaded because they love overselling there towers to the point I bet a normal ISP's ratio in the US looks like a 1:1 would be something like 1:5-10 for Xplornet.
Now since you're already shit of luck because that's most likely the only reason you own Xplornet you might have at-least have a chance at still playing the games latency becomes unplayable at 150+ ping to google.
What you're going to want to do is the following;
1) Go to your router located at usually 192.168.1.1 if it's not that open up CMD and type "ipconfig" and type in the Default Gateway's IP to your browser.
2) In your router(after you login...) you're going to want and look for your routers Gateway or DNS, once you find it copy it and paste it into your browser.
3) You'll be at a login page like this;
4) Login with the operator account of "operator" "g4darlet" as admin login won't give you the proper privileges.
5) Go to "Mobile Network" area and then go to the "Technology" tab.
6) You'll now see the the Mobile Tech Mode Settings depending on what you package your on your going to be on "LTE Only" or "WiMAX Only" you'll want to switch to the other option and hit apply.
7) This will cause the modem to attempt to find the other network and connect to it you'll then be throttled all the way down to 1-2mbps download and 0.5-2.5mbps upload when you're on the other network.
8) If you're lucky you'll now be on the less overloaded network and be able to have a decent latency for gaming again. (During LTE I go from 200-400 ping and hop over to WiMAX and manage to get 40-50ping)
9) Once you're doing gaming I suggest immediately switching back to the other network ASAP just so your not making other peoples internet worse. (If your ping is like mine on the other networks or beneath 100 chances are you're not making a difference at all)
I wouldn't need to do this if Xplornet didn't oversell there shit so much as I'd much rather prefer my low ping back and fast speeds both on TLE but sadly I can't do that anymore because of there greedy asses.
What the consequence could be for doing this and getting caught;
Users are prohibited from violating any system or network security measures including but not limited to engaging in unauthorized access or use of Xplornet's or a third party's network, data or information. Users are unauthorized to monitor Xplornet's or third party's data, systems or network traffic. Users are prohibited from interfering with the provision of service to any user, host or network by any means including without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks. Users are prohibited from forging any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or newsgroup posting.
Basically to protect its ass and its even saying packet sniffing is illegal the real question is should you care about them?
Most likely not seeing as they don't give a shit about you being a paying customer or there agreement of a "usable" internet for "gaming" along everyone's tax dollars. The sooner the Canadian government realizes if we let US based internet provider based businesses the better as they'll significantly improve the service we get and they'll be as fast as possible. (Think about all those thousands of customers they can get on Day 1.
Last edited by Soto : 06-24-2015 at 12:38 AM. Reason: fixed derpy formatting