XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Class Action Lawsuit Forum and Petitions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2009, 06:18 AM
Linux Member

I had Hughesnet for two years and never had any problem with their hardware. But I did have a problem with their unilaterally changing contract terms (specifically, the FAP limit and policy). Their hardware may be reliable, but as a company they are no more honest or fair than Xplornet.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:36 PM

Default Organizing the Lawsuit

I think we need to get more people involved in this, so I started a thread over at Lawsuit Assembly, where we can hopefully get more insight into how to best get damages from Hughesnet. These providers are all giant corporations with legal teams so we need every tool we can to level the playing field.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftLine View Post
I think we need to get more people involved in this, so I started a thread over at Lawsuit Assembly, where we can hopefully get more insight into how to best get damages from Hughesnet. These providers are all giant corporations with legal teams so we need every tool we can to level the playing field.
"get more insight into how to best get damages"?
Ask a lawyer. Are there any class action lawyers on this site? Speak up.

What tools do you think we should employ?

If you sign up with Pogust, Braslow and Millrood, LLC, David Schast will answer all your questions.

David Schast
Paralegal
Pogust, Braslow and Millrood, LLC
161 Washington Street, Suite 1520
Conshohocken, PA 19428
Phone: (610) 941 - 4204 Ext. 107
Fax: (610) 941-4245
E-Mail: dschast@pbmattorneys.com
www.pbmattorneys.com

Let us know what you have found out.

Thanks,
Tito.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:06 PM

Default Sharing Information

One thing that would be very helpful to a lawsuit is if we could compile a list of all of the fraudulent things that Hughesnet and others may have done, filled with evidence for these allegations.

By a list of frauds I mean things like figuring out which laws they have violated, for example:

Specific Federal Trade Commission rules on deceptive advertising. Perhaps advertising speeds "up to" a certain amount break one or more of these rules.

By evidence I mean things like collecting stories about service not working as promised. Some users collected thousands of speed tests, and compiling their observations could be great evidence.

I am willing to edit all of these lists into one master list over on the forum at Lawsuit Assembly
Old 05-27-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftLine View Post
One thing that would be very helpful to a lawsuit is if we could compile a list of all of the fraudulent things that Hughesnet and others may have done, filled with evidence for these allegations.

By a list of frauds I mean things like figuring out which laws they have violated, for example:

Specific Federal Trade Commission rules on deceptive advertising. Perhaps advertising speeds "up to" a certain amount break one or more of these rules.

By evidence I mean things like collecting stories about service not working as promised. Some users collected thousands of speed tests, and compiling their observations could be great evidence.

I am willing to edit all of these lists into one master list over on the forum at Lawsuit Assembly

What have you ascertained??
Old 07-15-2009, 01:57 PM

I am new to this forum.... yet have been dissappointed with Xplornet pretty much since I got it!

I wish I'd found this before signing that stupid contract.

So, is there anything still going on with this class action lawsuit? Xplornet is quite obviously cutting off something from about 7am to 12am cst and I'm getting really ticked off! I'm paying to have internet service 24/7, not for 7 measly hours in the middle of the night.

What can I do?
Old 07-20-2009, 08:43 PM

Hi to all.I am a new member here and a dissapointed customer of xplorenet.The service has waste of money since it was installed.
I just signed up for the class action lawsuit and urge everyone else to do the same. I may never get my money back but shutting these aholes down would be a good start.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:12 PM

http://www.speedtest.net/result/693670194.png

I say we all start filing individual small claims court claims for our money back and to get out of our contracts.

This company seems to think that they can take our money every month, but heavens forbid that i not pay them due to their inability to live up to their end.

Im going to go this week and file a small claims court hearing. if we all do this, they will be constantly paying their lawyers to go all over Ontario to defend their cases. no show means judgment in your favor.

if everyone where to do this, they would not have enough lawyers to defend all the cases.

Sometimes a class action is a good idea, but they can fight that with only a few lawyers. but if every small claims court in the province is filing against them, well now we are talking about problems for this company that likes to take in the money and not increase the infrastructure. There will be no recourse for them but to either fight all the cases, and burn the profits that way, or fix the problems and settle all the claims by giving us the service they are supposedly selling us.

The above link is this weekends speed test. I can get better results plugging the ethernet cable into a friggin knot hole in the dead cedar in my back yard.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:35 PM

here is a link to the small claims form in Ontario.
http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.o...sp#smallclaims

Last edited by rodsonnow : 01-25-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodsonnow View Post
http://www.speedtest.net/result/693670194.png

I say we all start filing individual small claims court claims for our money back and to get out of our contracts.

This company seems to think that they can take our money every month, but heavens forbid that i not pay them due to their inability to live up to their end.

Im going to go this week and file a small claims court hearing. if we all do this, they will be constantly paying their lawyers to go all over Ontario to defend their cases. no show means judgment in your favor.

if everyone where to do this, they would not have enough lawyers to defend all the cases.

Sometimes a class action is a good idea, but they can fight that with only a few lawyers. but if every small claims court in the province is filing against them, well now we are talking about problems for this company that likes to take in the money and not increase the infrastructure. There will be no recourse for them but to either fight all the cases, and burn the profits that way, or fix the problems and settle all the claims by giving us the service they are supposedly selling us.

The above link is this weekends speed test. I can get better results plugging the ethernet cable into a friggin knot hole in the dead cedar in my back yard.
rodsonnow;

What are the fees assocaited with a small claims court filing and action; plus the time for the plaintiff to prepare and spend the day or numerous days in court? Do I have to take multiple days off work? Please respond.