XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > VOIP
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2015, 04:48 PM

Default VOIP with Satellite 4G

Hi,

Anyone had any success getting VOIP to work with Satellite? We are having a strange problem with ours....we use vbuzzer (also not renowned for their customer service, but it's cheap). The service is OK for calls - some delays, but not unbearable, but the real problem is that the adapter seems to timeout from the network, so when people call it rings and rings and never goes to voicemail. Resetting the adapter works, but I would pretty much have to reset it every 30 mins or so. Any ideas?
Old 09-19-2015, 08:21 AM

I've had voip and it just never worked properly. I finally bought into Rogers Wireless Home Phone when it first came out. I see the price of the device has increased slightly and the service too. It does give a bit of a discount if you already have a cell phone with them but overall the offering is well worth having this device. You do need a Rogers tower nearby, in my case its about 9 miles out. You can take the device to any location in Canada and use it. The only catch is you can only have this service if the regular Rogers phone is not available in your area. Beats voip and I ran a phone cable from the demarcation point to the device and it makes all the phone points work just fine.