XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > HO2networks.com
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplornetadmin View Post
Today is a NEW day day for all internet users in Canada... I have registered and own a New start up Company Called HO2networks.com... this company will negotiate with Hydro One in Ontario to provide bandwidth to all Electricity users in the province to pay a FIXED fee of $30 per month for high speed internet, based at a SUSTAINED DL speed of a MINIMUM 1.5 mb per second, without ANY CAPS or limitations of use.

My main goal is to provide fast and cost effective high speed internet using the under utilized Hydro One network, that has been paid for by the citizens of Ontario. My plan is to lease the infrastructure paid for by Hydro users, offer inexpensive Internet, and help pay down Hydro Ones debt..

After 20 years, I will revert ownership of this company, back to the people and province of Ontario. If you support the option of being free from a cable company or telephone company that uses federal politicians to gouge you and take your hard earned money, then please support my bid in the next provincial election to use a public utility for public use.

Being based in the Belleville are, I am urging all former NORTEL employees to contact me in regards to enhancing the "internet over hydro line" technology...the infrastructure is in place, publicly owned..time to get back and fight back against corporate greed.. sorry bell and rogers....we can get a CHEAP and FAST internet!
So how are you going to serve me when I disconnect from the hydro grid?

You make an assumption that we are pleased with Hydro ! (intentional

You are telling us we must continue our support of Hydro Whatever if we want good internet.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:18 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherguy View Post
So how are you going to serve me when I disconnect from the hydro grid?

You make an assumption that we are pleased with Hydro ! (intentional

You are telling us we must continue our support of Hydro Whatever if we want good internet.
almost everyone needs electricity and all the infrastructure is in place via Hydro One

why not support an effort to use a publicly paid-for utility and its resources and a utility that still has some controls on it by the public unlike the evil telcos that have somehow been able to remove themselves from public control / oversight

hydro one has the resources to be a true competitor to bell/rogers and it is "land based" and already in every home

I applaud the original poster for their thinking and hope their efforts are successful so that Ontario can be freed from the greedy clutches of Bell/Rogers et al
Old 05-24-2011, 04:31 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplornetadmin View Post
Today is a NEW day day for all internet users in Canada... I have registered and own a New start up Company Called HO2networks.com... this company will negotiate with Hydro One in Ontario to provide bandwidth to all Electricity users in the province to pay a FIXED fee of $30 per month for high speed internet, based at a SUSTAINED DL speed of a MINIMUM 1.5 mb per second, without ANY CAPS or limitations of use.

My main goal is to provide fast and cost effective high speed internet using the under utilized Hydro One network, that has been paid for by the citizens of Ontario. My plan is to lease the infrastructure paid for by Hydro users, offer inexpensive Internet, and help pay down Hydro Ones debt..

After 20 years, I will revert ownership of this company, back to the people and province of Ontario. If you support the option of being free from a cable company or telephone company that uses federal politicians to gouge you and take your hard earned money, then please support my bid in the next provincial election to use a public utility for public use.

Being based in the Belleville are, I am urging all former NORTEL employees to contact me in regards to enhancing the "internet over hydro line" technology...the infrastructure is in place, publicly owned..time to get back and fight back against corporate greed.. sorry bell and rogers....we can get a CHEAP and FAST internet!
any update on your progress?
Old 05-30-2011, 04:48 PM

Yes, me too: any progress ??

and..... any way it can be taken nationwide.......?
Old 06-22-2011, 11:32 AM

Mike,

I'm also in Belleville, and am a Network Admin so let me know if I can be of any help.