XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Bell turbo hub forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2017, 04:19 PM
offline "Global Moderator" Retired

Default Bell Wireless Internet 5

With the corruption of Bell in regards to Government grants and all that shit, for some time they have been hiding a certain plan, and support will even deny it exists.

It is part of the Deferral program from years ago (phone tax during Cableco VOIP startup), and you must reside in a Bell Deferment area.

This is not standard Bell fixed/mobile wireless Internet, as that plan is expensive.
Deferment area, Bell Wireless 5: 5/1 - $60 - 100 gigs cap - $4.00 a gig overage

Have a look at the links. And always remember that Bell doesn't always play fair with consumers, and far too many lawsuits against Bell to even bother listing here.

https://adnetinalgoma.blogspot.ca/

Quote:
Current Deferral Account Names
I was looking at my Bell Wireless Internet 5 (BWI5) contract agreement the other day and noticed Bell is now referring to the service as Wireless Internet 5 Flex. (WI5F)

You may want to use the new term talking to Bell about the service.

Now there are three names that basically describe the same service of 5 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload over the cellular network:

a. Deferral Account

b. Bell Wireless Internet 5 (BWI5)

c. Wireless Internet 5 Flex (WI5F)
Sub section of a thread looking for home based wireless internet.
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30643770-

Last edited by buttitchi : 01-27-2017 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:45 PM

Just a small FYI to your post:

Bell uses a LTE only modem (sounds great doesn't it) for the service you describe, BUT there are issues with proper LTE coverage outside of urban areas.

In my area, I have to disable LTE on my smartphone otherwise the battery will be close to dead after one day. I have client in the area who received one of the new LTE modems, and now their service is worse than "spotty". The LTE tower in our area is in need of an upgrade (as admitted to by a level 2/3 Bell rep.).

If you subscribe to the aforementioned service and it doesn't perform as expected, complain, complain, complain.

And if you do call in to complain, hopefully you will get a message " proudly serving you from Canada", if not hang up and call back at another time. The Canadian Call Centre(s) is/are so far superior to (well you know who). The CSRs are knowledgeable, courteous, and will LISTEN to your complaints. In my experience, the Canadian CSRs have gone above the "call of duty" to handle my issues EVERY time (I can't say enough good things about the Peterborough Call Centre).
Old 01-28-2017, 10:01 PM
offline "Global Moderator" Retired

The other complaint departments.

The Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services
https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/

CRTC complaints for specific Internet complaints. Undisclosed Traffic management and unjustified blocking of traffic or sites
http://crtc.gc.ca/eng/internet/plaint.htm

There is signal booster antennas for these home internet products. Find your favorite online retailer and make sure the specifications of the booster is compatible. Types of home envelope can also be problems. Metal siding/roof, stucco (embedded mesh) and lowE windows.