XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Generic question forum (don't know where to post?)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2016, 01:48 PM

Cool xplornet and router connectivity

Hi. I am having big problems with Xplornet as of late with connectivity and sustaining connectivity. I have complained several times to no avail. I can not either access the www or the signal gets dropped shortly thereafter.

Is anyone else having this kind of problem connecting by router. I have a Linksys WRT 1900AC dual band gigabit w-fi router. The modem is HT1000.

I have better access connecting directly to the modem by cable.

Please help
Old 04-03-2016, 12:02 PM
Linux Member

Back when I was on the HT1000, I had an awful time with the modem dropping connections. It will work ok with a Windows PC, but has issues with a Mac (as I learned from another forum), a Linux PC, or some routers. I related my experience starting in this thread: http://www.xplornetsucks.com/forumss...ghlight=HT1000

Bottom line: turn off web acceleration in the modem, and see if that helps. Note that if you turn it off, it might not stay off. Xplornet can turn it back on remotely, e.g. if you call for customer support. And I vaguely recall that when the modem does a software upgrade, web acceleration can get turned back on. I got in the habit of checking this setting whenever we started having web problems.