XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Generic question forum (don't know where to post?)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2015, 11:30 AM

Default Help with configuring xplornet static ip

Hello All,

I have xplornet 4G wimax setup with my Airport Extreme wifi acting as a router. Due to the fact that I was on DHCP, I had a double NAT issue.

I also had a strict NAT problem, and after much research, i decided to get around the issue by subscribing to a static IP from xplornet.

I was provided the information, and configured the static IP per below.

Now, with the router in bridge mode, everything works and I can connect to the internet. Problem is, with the exception of my mac nothing else can connect via Wifi because an IP is not assigned. That's rather obvious to me, since i need to run my router with DHCP + NAT enabled. Incidentally, i've also tried configuring my network as DHCP only (still static ip on the router) and it's the same result as DHCP + NAT.

However, when I do this, nothing can connect to the internet. I'm not sure what is wrong here. I've configured the router to assign IPs that do not conflict with xplornet IPs. I called xplornet looking for assistance, and they claim that the xplornet router is in bridge mode, and have a problem with my router. I've contacted Apple, and Apple says contact the ISP.

Anyone have any luck setting this up with an APple Airport Extreme? Any suggestions? I've soft reset my router multiple times, but I can't connect.

At the moment, i have it back in DHCP mode with the double NAT, so i can still connect all of my other devices.

Screenshots of my configuration

Static IP Config

Network Config
Attached Images
File Type: jpg staticconfig.jpg (13.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg networkconfig.jpg (12.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 01-20-2015, 12:10 PM
offline "Global Moderator" Retired

Looking at the first image you posted, Put a Google DNS in the DNS first position of 8.8.8.8

That 192.*.*.* is a private IP range and not a DNS number. Xplornet has an issue with not using a routable DNS number and it makes the computer sit and wait for DNS response.

Details
http://www.xplornetsucks.com/forumss...ead.php?t=1520

Blank out the domain name also, as the router should by default create its own local domain. Or put a name of anything like , cat house

Your 'router address'... Might that supposed to be the base address of your private network? And not your static IP address

Xplornet modem: Modem
Your Apple router: Router

Last edited by buttitchi : 01-20-2015 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:56 PM

Hi buttitchi

I updated the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and wiped out domain and gave it a try. Same result as before. When DCHP + Nat is setup, no connectivity. Works in bridge mode only for my mac client (which is configuring airport).

The router address is different from the static IP. On an AirPort the "router address" means "Gateway". Not sure why it is labeled different than most other routers. My static IP ends in .21, and my gateway ends in .1, the rest of the digits are the same.

Here's the assigned ips for the configuration when I have it in static w/DHCP+NAT mode.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg internet.jpg (9.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg router.jpg (11.7 KB, 22 views)
Old 01-20-2015, 12:59 PM

I should add, as you can see by the 2nd screenshot, all my clients connect to the wifi and are correctly assigned ip's based on the range i specified (192.168.200.100 - 200)

The router just cannot get outside...
Old 01-20-2015, 01:59 PM

Are you posting from your static IP address?

The address the forum shows is not what your Airport router shows in its settings. Maybe thats the issue?

IP address check
http://network-tools.com/
Old 01-20-2015, 02:01 PM

No, i re-configured back to DHCP mode after i tried your suggestion so i can properly connect to the internet, so that ip is dynamic.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:03 PM

Ah, so thats OK.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:28 PM

I wonder, what wimax unit do you have? And can Xplornet confirm that you do indeed have and can use the static IP address.

BreezeMax Pro 3000 =static ip

BreezeMax Pro 6000 CPE =no static ip ...Edit: Now does have static IP capabilities...

I was doing some searching and the above units, at 2012, the BreezeMax Pro 6000 CPE was not able to have a static IP address.
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show...1&postcount=27

Xplornet's hardware platform is so bloody fractured with all sorts of models.

Last edited by buttitchi : 01-23-2015 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:47 PM

i have a 3000. I used to have a 6000, but i had some issues with it and the tech that came out replaced it with a 3000...at the time he mentioned that it was better because the 3000 could do static, and the 6000 could not. That was about a year 18 months ago.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:05 AM

Best way to T/S this is to directly connect your MAC to the Xplornet network (POE injector). Have it configured as DHCP and see if you get a valid IP address and can get to the Internet. Then configure your MAC with the static IP info Xplornet gave you and see if you can still get out.

It's my understanding that once the BreezeMax is configured with a static IP, you will "not" get a valid IP address if using DHCP on your router/pc (and from your images it looks like you are getting a DHCP IP address).

Oh and the dumb question (sorry), have you rebooted the BreezeMax? I know that it has to be rebooted when changing from static to DHCP (and vice versa). Sometimes the remote reboot Xplornet does "doesn't take" and a cold boot is needed to reflect the changes.