XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Xplornet 4G Wireless Tower Forum (Alvarion equipment) * (newer network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2015, 09:41 AM

Default As Slow As Molasses in January

Anyone else experiencing crappy service this weekend? Called support and they blame it on the weather but why does my wireless Rogers phone work flawlessly? Guess their infrastructure sucks big time? Can't even connect to DNS services.

Looks like LTE is 2 years away here, so I either suffer or look for alternatives.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4032606038.png

I suspect other local problems since speed gradually degraded, but can you relate your current connection to my dismal connection?

Thanks.... Cam
Old 01-04-2015, 01:51 PM
offline "Global Moderator" Retired

Schools back in tomorrow, yea?

Downloading of all music and shit for their new toys. See the same thing on various ISP's that lack throughput, at end of summer break. Be nice if they could figure out how to save it to their computer and not have to redownload it all. I MP3 all my music and store it locally.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:23 PM

Default Guess You're Right?

I suspect following the freezing rain storm and fast freeze, everyone on my segment tried to get on immediately. I contacted tech support again and confirmed my signal strength was within an acceptable range, but naturally they only can guarantee this component.

The Internet seems to be growing leaps and bounds with now so many different devices are using the same pipe and sharing the available bandwidth of the local network segment. And we must account that a wireless signal is very susceptible to existing weather, winds and obstructions.

My other realization within my own wireless home network are the added number of devices. This will only get worse as everything gets networked. I will attempt to confirm my router and it's location is optimal. Wherever possible, I hard wire my connections, with at least 3 Ethernet switches and one range extender. It may be time to optimize my router's placement and consider a dual or tri-band replacement router?

Maybe the ISP is not entirely at fault, but I wonder what is their bandwidth threshold before they consider improving the wireless node?

Thanks .... Cam