XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Xplornet 4G Wireless Tower Forum (Alvarion equipment) * (newer network) *
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2014, 08:17 PM

Default Access to Alvarion BreezeMAX 6000?

Hi,

I'm trying to get access to the BreezeMAX 6000 modem in order to resolve a connection problem that I seem to have, but I'm not having any luck. I've tried the default username/password combinations that are given in the user manual downloadable from the Alvarion website as well as trying admin/[device MAC address].

I've read of some people who seem to have access, but there don't appear to be any instructions written up in this section of the forum.

Can anyone help?

~Dan

P.S. Long winded explanation, if anyone cares to read: I've recently moved into a rental where the landlord was still in an Xplornet contract. Rather than pay our way out of the contract, we've agreed to keep things under his name and we can swap things out when the contract expires.

The internet went down around mid July, and I don't have my landlord's account details to phone support (I've asked but not received). I can see the BreezeMAX modem, but nothing beyond it. I've tried power cycling the modem by unplugging the PoE injector, but this hasn't helped; I've read that by power cycling from the web console I can get reconnected. That or at least get a better idea of what isn't working.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:30 PM

Question

Actually, looking again at the information I have, I might have the wrong MAC address, I've pulled the MAC off the internal interface using an arp command; the manual suggests I should be using the WAN MAC address ... so maybe that is where I'm going wrong?
Old 12-09-2014, 06:38 PM

I used to have access to the modem, the tech said xplornet changes the default password to prevent tampering, but he gave it to me anyway, I know i have it on a piece of paper somewhere, if i find it, i will give it to you.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:09 AM

Try this:

xplornet4g
Old 12-11-2014, 11:05 AM

Thanks! U: admin, P: xplornet4g worked!

Xplornet should provide access to this information since this is just considered the 'subscriber' account and provides only a limited modification capability.

From the manual: (http://goo.gl/xCQ8XP)

"The system supports multi-level user login: Operator and Subscriber, and Debug modes are available. Each level has different permissions to access various pages for configuration."

Anyone try turning off the firewall?

Last edited by edcwhite : 12-11-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:34 AM

Sorry I have to ask: why in the world would you want to turn off any firewall??? In this day and age, with all the hacks going on, Internet security is a layered approach. Sure having two firewalls "seems" redundant, BUT in case one fails (for whatever reason, like a poor update to the firmware), you still have the second one. Well maybe even a third one: if you have a proper Internet Security application (like Kaspersky) running on your PC(s).

The only time I turn off a firewall is to troubleshoot a remote access issue. Once fixed, I ALWAYS turn the firewall back on...
Old 12-24-2014, 11:05 AM

Default Anyone find the password for the username "operator"?

Has anyone found the password for "operator"? I'd absolutely love to disable that daft firewall that I can't create exceptions for, and DMZ and forward all ports to my router. Perhaps I'll need to dissect the Alvarion firmware and find a way to break the password.

The annoying thing is, Xplornet has absolutely no reason to enable that stupid firewall and not offer us the option to disable it. Contrary to the previous poster's suggestion, redundant firewalls are not inherently more secure. Aside, I suppose you're correct in that this configuration is very secure; even I cannot access my network from outside.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:38 PM
Linux Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clogan2 View Post
The annoying thing is, Xplornet has absolutely no reason to enable that stupid firewall and not offer us the option to disable it.
My guess is, Xplornet doesn't want you running a server over your wireless connection.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clogan2 View Post
Aside, I suppose you're correct in that this configuration is very secure; even I cannot access my network from outside.
If you want to access your own private network, pay for a static IP ($10/mth). The only limitation I know of is you will only have access to active 2000 ports at a time. But I can FTP, RDP, etc. with no issues into my network.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:58 AM

the operator password is

g4noiravla