XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Generic question forum (don't know where to post?)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 01:03 PM

Default Xplornet Usage Tool

Hey everyone!

I've been lurking these forums for about 5 months. I moved to Shannonville Ontario in November. I finally caved and got Xplornet. I have the 5mbps connection with a 40GB cap (extra 30GB promo)

I really have an issue with the Usage tool, It sucks.. I only download during the free period (2am to 7am) It would seem the tracker doesn't separate the bandwidth, so It's saying I'm using more than I actually am.

Every time I call xplornet they can't even answer my questions about the tool properly, they just keep saying "Well don't go over the 40GB" I'm like how can I tell where I actually am if it doesn't separate them, What's the point of a free period when it counts towards my limit regardless.

Anyone got any advice or help?

Thanks
Old 04-22-2013, 12:55 PM

Don't call them, email them so you have a record of their answers. If they cannot tell you how to correctly monitor your usage, then don't worry about going over the cap.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy2 View Post
Don't call them, email them so you have a record of their answers. If they cannot tell you how to correctly monitor your usage, then don't worry about going over the cap.
In the end it turned out that people in my city were not being charged for overages for the last year or so. They stopped that as of June :/ So i decided to "Upgrade" my package to 10mbps from 5mpbs, and 40GB to 100GB.. I'm still waiting to see this speed increase... (I switched in May)