XplornetSUCKS  

Go Back   XplornetSUCKS > Bell turbo hub forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2011, 10:03 AM

Default Bell Versus Rogers Hub

I've had the Rogers' hub for 1 year now and basically, the service is getting worst by the month. Congestion appears to be the problem. Rogers has advised the tower in my area needs works but I can't get a firm date when this will occur.

Bell was having the same issues last fall but they have done the work and added their equipment to another tower. I used the Sticky link provided in the Rogers forum.

Last evening around 630 pm I had the chance to test both the Rogers and Bell hub. The Bell definitely out performed the Rogers. We did a simple test, went to TESTMY.NET and downloaded a 3 Meg file.

Bell - 3 Meg file - average speed was 155 KB/s taking about 33 seconds
Rogers - 3 Meg file - average speed was 20 KB/s taking over 2 minutes or 120 seconds.

We surfed to a few webpages and my DU Meter program was showing speeds between 150 and 250 KB/s compared to Rogers 15 to 30KB/s.

During the test, I was actually surprised that I was able to get even connected with Rogers as over the past month, any time after 3pm connectivity is a gamble easily taking 1 to 1.5 hours to gain access for 1 to 2 minutes.

I'd love to switch to Bell since it works but that would mean canceling Rogers and having to pay the FEE and I wonder how long before Bell's traffic starts to bog down?
Old 06-23-2011, 08:20 AM

In the long run they both will eventually balance out due to increased subscriptions, or equipment upgrades. I'd suggest you review the signal strength of both units over the course of a day. Which ever one supplies a greater signal strength over a longer period of time would be the better choice (IMHO).

I'm currently working with a client who has the Bell Turbo Hub and has terrible connection issues. Working with Bell support yesterday they did not have a clear solution and are continuing to investigate. I suspect a signal strength issue since my Bell Blackberry only shows 2-3 bars. I'm going to borrow a Rogers stick for a trial run since the client's Rogers cell phone show continuous full bars.